We are seeking an environmental associate scientist to work in the Ecotoxicology Lab at the Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability (ESS) department in our Global Product Stewardship (GPS) organization located at Procter & Gamble’s research and business center in Mason, Ohio.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor or Master degree aquatic ecotoxicology or closely related field with in-depth knowledge of biology, fisheries, or ecology.
- Working knowledge in allied fields such as environmental toxicology and chemistry, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioaccumulation, or analytical chemistry is beneficial.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with robust laboratory experience, expertise in standardized aquatic toxicity testing (especially with fish models), animal alternative testing methodologies such as the fish embryo toxicity (FET) assay, and relevant mathematics and statistics.
- Experience with fish husbandry is beneficial.
- Leadership experience in leveraging environmental science expertise for complex environmental risk assessment of chemicals in an industrial, government, and/or academic setting.
- Strong communication and partnership skills to enable seamless collaboration with customers and stakeholders inside and outside the Company.
- The successful applicant will join a team of environmental scientists focused on environmental effects assessment of consumer and personal care product ingredients that leverage laboratory, field, and modeling capabilities.
WHAT WE OFFER:Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment – working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits’ package.
ABOUT USWe produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Mason, Ohio, United States
Job Type: Full time
Job categories: Research And Development
Req No: R000020076