Princeton University’s Office of Human Resources strives to foster a work environment that enables all employees to embrace the spirit of Princeton and contribute at the highest possible level to support the mission of the University. We provide comprehensive benefits, programs, services, and policies that help employees meet their needs in career, health, and overall well-being in an equitable and inclusive environment.
We seek a seasoned talent acquisition professional to join our high performing and growing team transforming the talent acquisition model at Princeton. The senior talent acquisition specialist provides comprehensive recruitment services, consultation, and strategic insights to hiring managers in assigned client departments in a high touch, high volume recruiting environment.
- Manage the full life cycle hiring process for a wide range of staff positions with a primary focus on Information Technology
- Responsible for attracting top talent and developing a strong qualified diverse candidate pool for current and future openings
- Work with departments think strategically about their recruitment and talent acquisition needs
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance on best practices, employment laws and regulations, and University policies
- Establish a true partnership with hiring managers, department leaders and HR partners on all staffing related activities.
- Offers responsive client service throughout the search process to ensure timely and quality hiring decisions.
- Critical role as an ambassador of the University’s diversity and inclusion efforts
- Employs recruitment marketing practices to convey Princeton’s employer brand and drive a positive candidate experience.
- Provide thoughtful consultation and guidance on modern talent acquisition practices.
- Collaborate and influence a diverse group of clients, fully understand and translate their business objectives into robust recruitment strategies
- Participate in special project and recruiting initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and five plus years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education experience is required.
- Experience with recruiting Information Technology professionals
- Demonstrated experience with developing candidate profiles, building candidate pipelines, and utilizing behavioral based interviewing techniques and practices.
- Proficiency in enterprise wide talent acquisition system.
- Experience utilizing pro-active diversified sourcing strategies including LinkedIn recruiter, social media applications, data mining and on-line sourcing techniques
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Client-focused consultative approach to service delivery and ability to deal effectively with clients who have high expectations in a high touch culture
- Ability to interact, network, and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and at all levels in an organization
- Prior experience implementing talent acquisition process improvements, change management and leading project work.
- Sound knowledge of employment laws and regulations, including EEO/AA.
- Excellent influencing, problem-solving and negotiation skills, with a strong appreciation for customer service and diplomacy.
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to lead change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a complex, matrix organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Highly professional demeanor and gravitas to deal with senior level managers and candidates.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and iCIMS
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver’s License Required
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. Princeton University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.