$73,569 – $143,134 a year
Full Job Description
Nature and Variety of Work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Located in the heart of the Baltimore/Washington corridor, Prince George’s County borders Washington D.C. and is just 37 miles south of the city of Baltimore. Encompassing almost 500 square miles, with over 900,000 residents Prince George’s County has an urban atmosphere that still manages to provide a scenic and peaceful place to live, work, and play.
Housing Authority of Prince George’s County is seeking qualified applicants to fill an Asset Manager position, grade G-29, within the Housing Assistance Division.
About this Position:
This is a management level work in which incumbent is responsible for the management of County owned/leased property including 392 affordable housing units( 376-public housing and 16-HOME Investment Partnership) and supervision of 10 professional, technical, skilled, and unskilled, and paraprofessional employees. Subject to extensive public contact, the incumbent conducts a wide range of activities to ensure compliance with local, State and Federal regulations. Reporting to the Chief Real Estate Officer, the incumbent provides key administrative and technical support as Manager of the Property/Asset Management Management Branch. This position requires independent judgment and the ability to carry out complex assignments with minimum direction and guidance. Performance is evaluated in terms of overall effectiveness of the property management function in carrying out the Department’s mission of providing decent, safe and sanitary housing to County residents. Management capability in meeting the standard is determined by appraisal of program operations against HUD mandated Public Housing Management Assessment Program (PHMAP) and all County, State and Federal operation of residential housing. These areas include, but are not limited to, occupancy, licensing, safety and security, procurement and contracting administration, maintenance operations, construction management and modernization.
Examples of Work
- Responsible for the management of the Property Management Branch. Collaborates with Executive Director/Union and Human Resources Analyst to foster mutual workplace acceptance in achieving Departmental goals and resolving/reducing grievances and workplace issues.
- Initiate’s eviction proceedings for those tenants who are in violation of their dwelling lease agreements and represents the agency in court proceedings.
- Develops and negotiates contracts for Architectural and Engineering Services, professional services, maintenance agreements and contract services renovation and rehabilitation for public housing as well as other designated properties under management or construction.
- Supervises the preparation of grant applications to receive awards to comprehensively improve public housing annually.
- Supervises the preparation of Proposals, Invitations for Bid and cost estimates to solicit architectural/engineering services and contractors to perform major modernization, rehabilitation and specialized maintenance.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound comprehensive plans for the physical rehabilitation of public housing properties owned/leased by the Housing Authority of Prince George’s County.
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of repair and maintenance programs, preventive maintenance, energy conservation and security programs for Housing Authority properties.
- Responsible for the acquisition and maintenance of vehicles, equipment and tools assigned to the Property Management Branch.
- Attend committees, task forces, and special focus groups in the evening, on weekends and some holidays, as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Demonstrates familiarity with spreadsheet and database software with sufficient skill to produce documents, forms, charts, etc., required to meet program needs.
Master’s degree in business or public administration, social services, sociology, psychology, or related field(s); plus four (4) years of responsible experience in community development with two (2) years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
Previous experience overseeing inspections of work being performed under contract to ensure compliance with plans and specification. Comprehensive experience being responsible for the preparation and implementation of repair and maintenance programs, preventive maintenance, energy conservation and security programs for Housing Authority properties is also preferred.
Location: 9200 Basil Court, Largo, Maryland 20774
Work Environment: Asset Managers typically work in offices. Travel to attend events and visit meeting sites during and after typical office hours may be required.
DURATION OF ELIGIBILITY: Candidates will be selected from a temporary register of eligible candidates, which will become effective approximately four (4) weeks after the closing date. Once a selection has been made, the register will expire.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK: Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, an employer is required to hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to show and verify authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S., only after an offer has been accepted and the Form I-9 is completed. For information on E-Verify, or if you believe the County has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or visit their website at dhs.gov/e-verify.
CLOSING DATE: ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on October 17, 2021.
Prince George’s County, MD