PCDC seeks a part-time Public Policy Intern (14 hours per week) to support our Strategy and Public Affairs unit. This position will begin as a Fall semester internship but could potentially be extended through the Spring semester. Reporting to the Policy and Advocacy Manager, this internship is an opportunity to gain critical knowledge of current health policy and legislative issues, with an emphasis on those pertaining to primary care in New York State. Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply, with preference given to those pursuing degrees in public policy, public health, public administration or a related field.
We seek a highly organized, creative individual with either professional or educational experience and interest in health policy and/or politics to help advocate for PCDC’s position as a leader in health care financing and performance improvement.
- Researching organizational and individual stakeholders across New York State to help build and manage a coalition of advocates for increased investment in primary care
- Assisting with the development of collaterals and other public-facing material for New York State advocacy efforts to support investment in primary care, including but not limited to “one pagers”, white papers or brief reports, public comments and letters, and talking points
- Scheduling, preparing for, and, when appropriate, attending policy meetings with stakeholders
- Tracking and disseminating summary information to PCDC staff about key policy issues and trends affecting primary care and investment at various levels of government in and outside of New York
- Assisting in the planning and execution of events to draw attention to primary care policy priorities
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Background or interest in health care / public policy
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with conducting informal research (i.e., literature reviews)
- Highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Details at a Glance
September 13, 2021
December 17, 2021
HOURS PER WEEK
This is a part-time, temporary (September through December), paid internship position, which could potentially be extended through the Spring semester. This internship will be…
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples in PDF format.