Full Job Description
United States of America
State / County
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date – day Anticipated start date – month Anticipated start date – year
November 1 2021
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.
Today’s Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world’s most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.
Special Metals Corporation is the world’s premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys—with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what’s possible in the world of energy and industry.
Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.
This position is responsible for keeping track of a SMC financial plan and analyzing financial statements and predicting future performance. Analyzing the company’s performance, alongside changes and market trends, creating forecasts, and calculating variances between those forecasts and actuals and explaining the causes of these variances. This position will assist the Cost Accounting Manager in applying skills to specific areas such as sales analysis, cost analysis, manufacturing analysis, inventory activity, and financial forecasting for Special Metals Corporation.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Perform Sales analysis
- Perform cost and manufacturing analysis
- Monitor inventory activity
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Calculate inventory reserves.
- Conduct physical inventories over metals and supplies.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; CPA or MBA a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Two to four years of business finance or other relevant experience.
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment within tight deadlines.
- Excellent team player with a flexible and open attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives.
- Strong financial modeling experience.
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Strategic thinking
- Values and Ethics
- The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – MUST BE ABLE TO FREQUENTLY REMAIN IN A STATIONARY POSITION. MUST BE ABLE TO OCCASIONALLY MOVE ABOUT INSIDE THE OFFICE TO ACCESS FILE CABINETS, OFFICE MACHINERY, ETC. CONSTANTLY OPERATES A COMPUTER AND OTHER OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY MACHINERY, SUCH AS A CALCULATOR, COPY MACHINE, AND COMPUTER PRINTER. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – WORK PRIMARILY IN A CLIMATE CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT WITH MINIMAL SAFETY/HEALTH HAZARD POTENTIAL. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.