undefined page loaded
Skip to Main Content
Already have an account? Sign In
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Pratt Institute: Non Academic: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Apr 13, 2021
Pratt Institute is in search of a Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations who is a strong leader with a commitment to improving and securing ongoing support, building partnerships, and stewarding relationships with corporate and foundation prospects that advance the strategic goals of Pratt Institute. The successful candidate will act as the primary point of contact for a curated portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects, working closely with academic and administrative leadership. If you have experience in grant and proposal writing, knowledge of moves management strategies and techniques in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising, and are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a growing team that will be instrumental in building philanthropic support in a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture, then we want to hear from you.
Key Essential Duties include the following:
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects.
- Expand the Institute’s corporate and foundation relations portfolio.
- Work with Pratt faculty and administrators on identifying grant-funding opportunities and projects for proposal and submission ensuring alignment with Pratt Institute strategic goals.
- Guide the stewardship process for corporate and foundation support to strengthen existing relationships and to foster new partnerships.
- Independently analyzes data related to corporate and foundation solicitation result tracking, measurement, and performance.
- Remain informed on legal and accounting issues as they relate to corporate and foundation charitable giving and grant-making regulations and best practices.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Five years of securing corporate and foundation support, preferably in higher education.
- Proactive with prospect management, anticipating issues that may arise and offer a strategy to address them.
- Demonstrated success in successful solicitations from corporations and foundations.
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in Google platforms and Microsoft Office suite. Preferable experience in Raiser’s Edge.
- Must have the ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with diverse staff and funders, as well as demonstrate intercultural competence.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
This institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.