undefined page loaded
Skip to Main Content
Already have an account? Sign In
Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
Pratt Institute: Non Academic: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Jul 13, 2021
Of course you’re ambitious, want something else in your next career step, and believe in the power of philanthropy. You’re looking for new energy from your colleagues, and a true dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion in your own work and workplace culture. If you are interested in serving as an Associate Director of Alumni Engagement and have four (4) or more years of experience, including experience with engagement strategies especially as they relate to alumni relations, conducting individual visits for volunteer recruitment, and developing and executing innovative engagement strategies and events that optimize the engagement value and improve local and regional engagement with alumni and students, we at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY, would like to hear from you.
With a 134-year history of welcoming people for who and what they are, Pratt’s world-class higher education in the arts, design, architecture, and information boasts 60,000 alumni and 4,800 current students who are creating and beautifying around and for the planet. Come be a part of Pratt’s next chapter as we launch into a comprehensive campaign, with you as a valued and critical part of our Pratt Institutional Advancement Team.
Key Essential Duties include the following:
- Oversee all aspects of the top tier regional alumni networks, following industry best practices, to ensure that Pratt Institute properly engages its alumni in support of its initiatives and development efforts.
- Engage Pratt alumni through various events and programs established in collaboration with network leadership
- Collaborate with the development team to identify alumni for further cultivation, aligning stewardship and outreach strategies
- Forge strong relationships with campus partners to maximize alumni engagement opportunities and outreach
- Support campus-wide events such as the Design Show, Commencement, etc.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of four years of experience in alumni relations, institutional advancement, volunteer management, network program administration, special events or related transferable experience required. Experience building and executing broad based communications.
- Demonstrated experience conducting individual visits for volunteer recruitment, training and stewardship.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge or similar database system required.
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills also essential.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Comfortable speaking in public and making presentations in meetings.
- Ability to correspond professionally with senior staff and high-level alumni
- An understanding of the important role of diversity, equity, and inclusion to institutional advancement.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
This institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.