undefined page loaded
Skip to Main Content
Already have an account? Sign In
Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
Pratt Institute: Non Academic: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Jul 13, 2021
Of course you’re ambitious, want something else in your next career step, and believe in the power of philanthropy. You’re looking for new energy from your colleagues, and a true dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion in your own work and workplace culture. If you are interested in serving as an Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement and have a minimum of three (3) years experience, including direct alumni engagement experience or aligned volunteer to membership management, we at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY, would like to hear from you.
With a 134-year history of welcoming people for who and what they are, Pratt’s world-class higher education in the arts, design, architecture, and information boasts 60,000 alumni and 4,800 current students who are creating and beautifying around and for the planet. Come be a part of Pratt’s next chapter as we launch into a comprehensive campaign, with you as a valued and critical part of our Pratt Institutional Advancement Team.
Key Essential Duties include the following:
- Support the engagement efforts of the Alumni Engagement Office, focusing on students and young alumni
- Develop and execute innovative engagement strategies and events that optimize and improve connections and networking opportunities with students and young alumni
- Manage a portfolio of student leaders and key young alumni to increase engagement and cultivation, creating unique and individualized plans for each
- Create a Young Alumni Council to provide leadership for young alumni and students, as well as keep them informed of ongoing initiatives and opportunities at Pratt and across the networks
- Strengthen the Fund for Pratt and major gift pipeline by referring prospects to development colleagues as they emerge
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Three to five years of experience in alumni engagement, institutional advancement, volunteer management, student and young alumni programming, special events or related transferable experience required.
- Knowledge of programming and event coordination, with the ability to develop alumni and student engagement opportunities and events.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, volunteer management with the proven ability to manage and train volunteers.
- Experience with cultivating relationships with the ability to understand and tend to the needs of alumni and students, enthusiastically, promptly and effectively.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to compile and analyze data.
- Understanding of the mission of Pratt Institute and the importance of the relationship between the Institute and its students and alumni.
- Must have the ability to work well with diverse populations; and demonstrated level of cultural competence.
- An understanding of the important role of diversity, equity, and inclusion to institutional advancement.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
This institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.