Full Job Description
Position Title: Associate Brand Manager, TGL
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (at least two weeks after last vaccine dose) and present proof of upon hiring unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief (effective December 8, 2021).
The Associate Brand Manager will be responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of strategic and tactical programs to build brand equity and drive long term brand growth for The Glenlivet, the leading Single Malt Scotch Whisky brand in the US. This role provides significant opportunity for leadership and ownership with primary responsibilities consisting of general brand management, support of brand program creation and brand strategy development, execution of key brand initiatives, coordinating / supporting brand content creation, supporting financial accountability and A&P ROI analysis, and regular analysis of business performance and consumer insights.
This exciting role requires a consumer centric marketer with strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a general manager mindset. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the drinks industry and be motivated by the opportunity to make an impact on the brand you are managing.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Support the development and execution of the annual operating plan, brand plans and programs
- Lead the development of breakthrough, consumer centric national programs
- Partner with agencies and cross functionals to translate brand strategy into consumer communications and media strategy, experiential, and customer/shopper programs for the On Premise and Off Premise
- Lead cross functional teams, including global brand owners, agencies, field marketing, sales, consumer insights, Marketing Enablement and other business departments
- Support the strategy and development of brand innovation launches and value-added-packs
- Lead business analysis and reporting on brand and competitive set by analyzing a range of data sources such as Nielsen, Numerator, Ipsos, Kantar etc.
- Always-on tracking of traditional & digital media strategies / trends, demand territories and occasions, brand perceptions, competitor activities, brand and campaign performance, P&L
- Support the creation of brand assets (ATL and BTL) for always-on and key campaign periods
- Support financial accountability and ROI analysis and own management of A&P budget tracking including vendor Purchase Orders and Invoicing
- 3+ years of marketing experience; experience in strategy/brand development, including building and executing 360 marketing programs (media/digital/social/retail/PR/Influencer/below the line)
- Entrepreneurial, innovative mindset. Flexible and able to work with agility
- Excellent project management skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management
- Proficiencies in problem solving and the ability to multitask are requirements
- Strong financial / business / analytical acumen. Must be proficient in excel and ideally Nielsen/IRI
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with strong executive presentation skills
- Collaboration and cross-functional team management with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders
- Spirits industry experience not required.
Nature & Scope: Position works with members of the central marketing department, divisional marketing, sales management, agency services agency personnel, as well as various vendor and provider representatives.
This role is based in New York City, NY
Approximately 25% travel to field locations
Education: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing; MBA highly preferred.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
- Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Offers will be subject to United States local terms
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: