Full Job Description
Who we are: At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary: This role would be driving the roadmap and strategy for Enterprise Data Lake Platform. This requires you to proactively engage with cross-functional product teams across PayPal Inc. and this includes multiple parties such as Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, PMO, Risk and Finance to ensure that the best experiences are being built. You will need to collaborate and inspire teams so that they can share the same passion about transforming Data platforms and drive customer impact.
Are you interested in helping the financially underserved? Are you passionate about driving data product strategy at scale? Here at the Enterprise Data Platform team we’re building a suite of products and services that empower teams to make smart decisions and transform our customers’ financial lives across the world. We are a platform product team working on the problems of the future building on a vision 1-3 years out getting ready for the challenges of tomorrow. The platform products we build our leveraged by product teams to build experiences to help improve customer engagement at PayPal Inc.
Description/Description of Role
This role would be driving the roadmap and strategy for Enterprise Data Lake Platform. This requires you to proactively engage with cross-functional product teams across PayPal Inc. and this includes Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, PMO, Risk and Finance to ensure that the best experiences are being built. You will need to collaborate and inspire teams so that they can share the same passion about transforming Data platforms and drive customer impact.
Responsibilities/Success in this role requires:
- Inspire, collaborate and communicate across all levels of the organization with your product vision and customer passion
- Develop and manage the product roadmaps to provide consistent execution of the product lifecycle while evaluating the progress and ensuring resolution of customer problems in other domains
- Ability to transform customer/consumer data and best practices to drive conversations and decisions
- Identify and drive opportunities for improvement and growth based on customer experience and feedback to ensure the highest quality experience
- Defining, analyzing, and managing the performance metrics to understand the product’s success and health
- Defining the product and customer experience with high quality requirements and user stories
- Passion to seek an understanding of customer needs and turn that insight into a compelling vision and strategy
- Experience driving strategy for data platforms and products in a top tech company.
- Ability to drive work to completion through a strong sense of execution and work ethic
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative products with user experience in mind
- 8+ years of Product Management experience with a BA/BS (a technical degree is not required, but being comfortable in critical technology discussions is a must)
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.