At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
Risk Management Professionals at PayPal are highly motivated team players who specialize in analyzing fraud patterns and creating and adapting advanced fraud prevention mechanisms while focusing on the customer’s experience. Our scientists overcome challenges presented by big data, evolving fraud techniques and new payment technologies, by leveraging deep expertise in data analysis, advanced algorithms and story-based analytics. Ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical skills, suited to approach varied challenges in complex environments. Adept at creative and critical thinking, they can deconstruct problems and transform personal insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions.
We work in a space that looks deeply into emerging fraud trends and the facilitation of opportunities that help the business in fueling growth and strategic decisions. You will be able to do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation. You will join a global team that is multi-disciplinary with a broad spectrum of industry experiences and deep analytical and quantitative expertise.
- Provide analytical insights into emerging problems, trends and portfolios
- Work closely with business partners and stakeholders to determine how to design analysis and measurement approaches that will significantly improve our ability to understand and address emerging business issues
- Bring data to life making it actionable and relevant to stakeholders through exploratory analysis of internal and external data sources using advanced and innovative analytical techniques, algorithms, and tools
- Provide regular updates to leadership, peers and other stakeholders that will simplify and clarify complex concepts and results of analyses with emphasis on actionable outcomes and impact on the business
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field from an accredited college or university
- Proven ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills – analyze complex data, draw accurate conclusions, and make business recommendations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word – familiarity working with SQL
- Experience in at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, Qlikview) will be a plus
- Proven ability to lead project(s) to conclusion within assigned timelines
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner, and partner with the business to understand their needs and drive solutions
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.