Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Internship Program Information and Requirements:
•This is a Summer 2022 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2022 internships are not available at this time.
•Recruitment and application consideration will be on a continuous basis throughout Fall 2021 and early Winter 2022.
•Must currently be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related field from an accredited college or university.
•Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2022.
•Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
•Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.
*Note – You are applying to a general Data Analyst Intern position, not a specific open role. This job posting is an advertisement for all PayPal Summer Data Analyst Internship opportunities that will be opened throughout the Fall and Winter but will not be posted directly to our career site. Students who apply to this position will be contacted by a recruiter if they are selected to interview for a specific intern role. At that point, the intern candidate will receive the specific position details for review.
Position Location: Varies within U.S. PayPal Office Locations
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
We are seeking world-class problem solvers who have a passion for data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. You will be most successful with a healthy combination of both, technical skills and business acumen. As a Data Analyst you will generate insights by conducting extensive analyses of PayPal’s rich data. In the process, you will develop a deep understanding of the payments business, our site functionality, further strengthen your analytic, leadership and presentation skills and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within PayPal.
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple PayPal systems
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Information Retrieval (search/recommendation/classification) experience or Human Judgment/User Interface experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership