Software Analyst I
Oklahoma City Office – Oklahoma City, OK
Software Analysts participate in software projects, analyze and create data fixes, and resolve complex technical issues, as well as managing all of Paycom’s Human Capital Management applications post-implementation. Software Analysts will engage in data lifecycle management, data security and data retrieval.
- Develop custom queries by examining databases to extract data using Structured Query Language that fulfills the needs of business requirements and follows established business rules.
- Review the creation of ACH files (routing information) and ensure the correct totals are transmitted to the banks every day. Solve critical payroll stopping issues through the development of data updates.
- Develop custom internal software applications that increase the productivity of the Application Support teams and provide useful information to all business units.
- Create and run custom alerts through in-house tools like our Alert Center to support business needs.
- Tackle challenging technical problems/data issues by taking tickets within our ticket system, working through the problems with the submitter, analyzing data through SQL Query tools, creating a custom solution to fit the user’s need, and working with Quality Assurance to get it tested and applied to the live application.
- Monitor and Control 24/7/365 processes using automation software and analyze generated logs to analyze potential problems with developers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related field.
- No previous work experience is required.
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems is preferred.
- Previous experience with database and query design tools such as MYSQL, Oracle, or Toad is preferred.
- Entry level computer hardware and software skills.
- Ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration.
- Basic knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages including but not limited to C++, PHP, HTML, .NET, and Java.
- Basic analytical skills.