District Sales Manager
Job LocationsUS-MN-St. Paul
# of Openings
Patterson Dental Supply, Inc.
District Sales Manager Overview:
As a District Sales Manager, you are responsible for managing staff within an assigned district, ensuring efficient and profitable direction in achieving District and Branch goals.
Who are we looking for as District Sales Manager?
Patterson Dental is looking for results-oriented individuals with a history of strong sales success who is interested in leading and developing a successful sales team.
- Analyzing and evaluating sales activities as well as market trends and customer needs for sales optimization.
- Developing sales team by providing ongoing training and development and by giving specific and constructive feedback to foster development of skills.
- Foster a “practice partner” mentality with Doctors and staff by analyzing business needs, discussing benefits and features of equipment and technology solutions, coordinating product demonstrations, explaining return on investment and tax advantages, and discussing emerging trends in the dental industry.
- Being well versed on Patterson products and services, industry information and possessing competitive intelligence
- Reviewing and evaluating the work of direct reports to assess job performance.
- Participating in the selection process determining personnel needs to ensure coverage on all jobs and that branch obligations are met.
- Maintaining accurate records for prospects, customer orders, sales records, and other financial activity.
- Other duties related to the District Sales Manager position.
District Sales Manager Minimum Qualifications:
- Must possess a bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Three or more years of experience in business to business outside sales.
- A strong initiative with exceptional customer service, planning and problem solving skills is required.
- The ability to effectively lead people and build a high performing team, being adaptable, and facilitate ongoing development is key.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate is required.
- Previous success attaining and exceeding sales goals.
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office is required.
Preferred District Sales Manager Requirements:
- Three or more years of demonstrated sales experience in the dental sales or related field is preferred.
- Experience with CRM software, such as, SAP, Salesforce, or Fiori.
- Previous experience hiring, training, and coaching sales professionals is highly desired.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, we invite you to submit your application for the District Sales Manager position today!
What’s In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Paternity and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click here for an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.