PfD’s staff and volunteers work in partnership with local and international groups to improve quality of life for vulnerable people in underserved communities. We envision a more just, peaceful, and environmentally sustainable world, and seek to empower people by increasing their access to training, education, and resources to create more vibrant and resilient communities, with more accountable leadership. PfD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. To learn more visit us at www.pfd.org.
Partners for Development (PfD), based in the Washington, D.C. area, seeks qualified candidates for the position of Compliance Director for a large five year HIV-AIDS project in northern Nigeria, funded by USAID, with anticipated start date of late 2021. Position is subject to approval by USAID.
- Insure that project is compliant with all donor regulations and policies.
- Develop project policies in relation to compliance.
- Review policies to insure they remain consistent with any USAID changes.
- Lead on review of staff adherence to relevant policies.
- Develop risk management policies related to financial management and procurement.
- Train staff in compliance on a regular basis.
- Three or more years of international NGO or related experience with field experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or expertise in international public health, small enterprise development, and/or local capacity-building.
- Demonstrated self-reliant problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills; outstanding written and oral skills; and cultural sensitivity.
- Dedicated team player proficient in multiple-deadline environment who possesses the ability to move quickly from conceptualization and networking to superior writing.
- Degree in finance, business administration, or a related field. Certification in compliance management a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in USAID policies and procedures.
- Willingness to travel.
- Computer proficient.
Executive Director/Board Chair
Nigeria or Washington, D.C. area
By October 6th , 2021 email a short cover letter with compensation expectations and date of availability and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Compliance Director.” Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. EOE.