Date: Nov 4, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Corporate and Professional Jobs
Shift Type: Day
Requisition ID: 569541
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
The Treasury Analyst supports the Treasury Manager on all cash management and investment functions. Plays a key role in daily cash positioning, daily investment or borrowings, and funding of operations. Supports the Treasury technology and system implementations. Participates in new business initiatives that impact Treasury. The Treasury Analyst should be able to operate independently for daily responsibilities and coordinate across the group to meet all necessary deadlines with impeccable quality.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance, with at least nine hours of accounting courses.
- Must have three (3) years of financial or accounting experience.
- Knowledge of cash management, bank processes and/or general treasury preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
- Experience in Treasury Operations, cash management, banking administration and investment concepts, practices and methods.
- ERP Systems and banking systems background required
- Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, strategic thinking, and planning skills. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively interface with and influence internal/external contacts.
- Must be able to see the business as a whole and be able to react quickly to business investment decisions.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Manages the daily cash position; including funds transfers and liquidity management as required. Assists with resolving cash management issues or problems on a timely and accurate basis.
- Performs bank account reconciliations. Assists with preparation of monthly reports. Provides data for journal entries to cash management activity.
- Performs functions using treasury ERP system, bank software and other accounting/finance tools (e.g., Excel and PeopleSoft).
- Resolves banking errors or other client issues in a timely manner.
- Reconciles all cash and investment accounts and resolves discrepancies.
- Manages and coordinates the District’s unclaimed property program and assures compliance with related policies, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure Treasury activities are following Treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls.
- Supports the Treasury Management Team by cross-training effectively perform other duties as needed with absences or other activities.
- Provides technical assistance, acting as internal consultant to Hospital and Health Plan departments, and maintains a positive working relationship with management, departments, and employees to ensure efficient and timely resolution of accounting issues and concerns.
- Prepares procedures and system documentation for cash management activities and payment processes. Ensures that departmental policies and procedures are maintained.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare