Senior Underpayment Analyst
location_on Irving, TX, United States
schedule Full-time • Work From Home
business_center Admitting Registration Clerical and Scheduling find_in_page Job ID: 08950-196447
SHIFT: Work From Home
This is a remote/work from home position.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our colleagues with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As a Senior Underpayment Analyst, you will research and resolve high dollar insurance payer underpayments through a concise understanding of payer contract language and respective payment calculation.
In this role you will:
- Analyzes hospital claims to identify contractual underpayments or billing errors.
- Resolves underpaid claims from various payer products including HMO, PPO, Medicaid, Medicare, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Articulates contract provisions to representatives from healthcare payer companies and government agencies.
- Contacts payer companies via phone or correspondence and initiates payment requests.
- Performs appropriate follow-up with Payer and gains commitment for payment.
- Escalates Payer’s lack of response and/or lack of payment within the Payer organization as appropriate.
- Identifies and communicates contract interpretation issues and language discrepancies to leadership as appropriate.
- Identifies Payer company trends and communicates trends to supervisor for further action/escalation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the Payer contract dispute resolution process.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.