Full Job Description
Panasonic – Analyst
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Analyst will help to identify, source, assess and execute compelling investment opportunities, working closely with the Managing Directors and other team members of the firm. CV has a lean and meritocratic structure, where this individual will work directly with and support colleagues across the full range of the firm’s activity and have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility in delivering on all aspects of the transaction cycle. This role requires an individual who is self-motivated with a sense of urgency, has a strong team orientation with a flexible and collaborative style, and strong subject matter expertise.
- The Analyst position places an emphasis towards quantitative modeling and analysis of investment opportunities.
- Analytical ability to evaluate companies including their strengths and weaknesses.
- Must be able to understand and then explain complex issues to make a strong business and financial decision.
- Develop in-depth assessment of emerging industries with the aim to identify high potential investment opportunities.
- Assist portfolio companies with strategic and operational projects, including working directly with management teams to help implement industry best practices in a variety of areas (examples include organizational structure, employee compensation, financial reporting, sales execution, and product road mapping)
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and being part of new initiatives
- Excellent understanding of customers’ request and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent organization skills with solid attention to detail while working with simultaneous fast-paced projects
What You’ll Bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics or computer science from a reputable institution, an MBA is preferred, but not required
- Roughly 2-5 years of professional experience in financial/business analysis in strategy consulting, investment banking or a professional venture capital firm
- A strong understanding and comfort with information technology
- Strong and proven analytical skills with the intellectual capacity to evaluate new and evolving businesses and technologies
- A forward-thinking ability to identify emerging industry trends and develop a strong pipeline of high potential investment opportunities
- Personal presence, maturity, and leadership capabilities coupled with a natural ability to develop meaningful relationships with entrepreneurs
- An independent, value-added perspective on investment discussions
- An analytical ability to evaluate companies including their strengths and weaknesses
- A strong awareness of interesting sectors, trends and companies across the tech landscape and be seen as a credible thought leader in the ecosystem
- Personal integrity, initiative, financial analysis skills, quantitative expertise, strong oral and written communication skills, a track record of success and the ability to work as an effective part of a diverse team are essential. The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player, low on ego, with a strong partnership orientation and collaborative style
- Have high integrity and maturity with exceptional leadership skills and a clear pattern of sound business judgment in decisions and dealings with others
- Be a self-starter with high energy and the enthusiasm to build successful businesses – a true entrepreneurial spirit
- Have personal credibility, presence and stature to quickly build trust and command respect internally and externally
- Be resilient and adaptable, able to constructively defend opinions/positions but remain open to new thoughts/ideas
- Have a strong work ethic and be results and growth oriented with a desire to develop a long-term career with the firm
- Have the ability to successfully manage high intensity situations and handle multiple challenges simultaneously
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.