Travel and Expense Analyst
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Travel and Expense Analyst
PAE seeks a Travel and Expense Analyst to join the Corporate Shared Services Disbursement Team. The position reports directly to the Travel and Expense Supervisor.
This position will perform a variety of tasks common to Travel Accounting in a shared service organization including but not limited to
- Audit high volume business travel expense reports utilizing the Costpoint Expense Reporting application.
- Ensure expenses are compliant with company travel policy/procedures, GAAP, FAR, Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), IRS guidelines, etc.
- Lead in investigating expense report discrepancies.
- Provide guidance to employees on expense reporting policies and procedures
- Manage unprocessed expense transactions
- Process monthly international payroll and expense report payments
- Work with payroll to process off cycle payments
- Recover funds for open receivables and apply payments to employee’s account accurately
- Export/Import expense reports in AP module weekly and resolve Project/Accounts errors
- Process corrections and adjustments on expense reports
- Perform required maintenance for new/inactive foreign currencies in Costpoint Expense
- Monitor outstanding travel advances
- Monitor HR reports for terminated employees with open travel advances and/or expense reporting
- Generate reports and analyze data as needed
- Communicate to all levels of employees & management regarding compliance issues for Travel and Expense
- Identify new ways to add value & proactively take on new tasks
- Answer employee inquiries, through email, and phone calls
- Lead training sessions for new employees and various other assignments as required
- Support internal and external audits
- Participate in special projects as required
- 3+ years relevant experience of travel and expense processing or auditing operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business management (optional)
- Prefer prior experience in a large company environment with employees throughout the world
- Deltek Costpoint and/or Cognos experience a plus
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Positive approach to problem solving, researching and customer service (internal or external)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis and high-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to work within deadlines, multi-tasking and under pressure
- A demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service and the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Understands that decisions impact own work and may impact the work of others
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) preferred.
- Works well in team environment and individually.
- Able to work independently with minimal management oversight.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.