Full Job Description
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy — we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
The Resolution Specialists take pride in delivering world-class support and are among Opendoor’s most seasoned customer experience operators. They relish the opportunity and honor the responsibility of resolving our hardest customer experience issues — situations so sophisticated that they require expert communication skills, relationship management with all levels of partners, and utmost comfort operating in the grey. Most of all, this role requires resilience and excellent judgment in determining the fairest outcome for the customer.
- Coordinate across a group of partners to build a resolution strategy and execute settlements for customer disputes and company incidents, mobilizing teams and resources as needed
- Project lead company response to high-visibility, customer issues acting as the and point of contact
- Provide documentation during and after the resolution, including root cause, rationale, policy interpretation, recommendation, and analysis
- Personally lead internal partners and external customer’s information needs protecting timelines to drive efficient resolution
- Be there for your customers making it vital to be available across timezones, including evenings and weekends
- Engage with leadership teams to report out on insights and trends that impact our customer experience
- Work closely with world-class teams to rapidly build better processes, tools, and product experience
We’re looking for teammates who have the following:
- 3+ years of experience in customer account management or customer success, or prior dispute resolution experience leading internal and external responses to sophisticated customer disputes.
- Executive presence and communication: you have written and verbal communication skills tailored to a senior leadership audience
- Understanding how to influence without authority: you have the persistence and strong project management skills vital to prioritize, delegate and drive effective action across departments
- Operational vitality: you have hands-on experience delivering results under tight timelines
- Critical thinking skills: you’re comfortable dissecting complicated fact patterns, ingesting incomplete bits of information, and assessing situational context all at once to ask the right questions and efficiently drive towards resolution.
- Technical aptitude: you’re comfortable consuming and translating sophisticated information related to home construction and real estate compliance into everyday language.
- Level-headedness: you remain confident and calm in high-pressure, high-volume situations.
- Maniacal customer focus: you are steadfast in advocating for our customers with a degree of emotional intelligence and perseverance proportional to the severity of the situation.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
– Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
– Flexible vacation policy
– Generous parental leave
– Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Alternative dispute resolution: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19