Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 6,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.
Communications, Media & Technology (CMT)
Oliver Wyman helps industry leaders in the communications, media, and technology industries develop value growth strategies, improve operations, and maximize organizational effectiveness. Our clients are some of the world’s most successful companies: wireless and wireline equipment and communications service providers: enterprise IT, consumer electronics, and semiconductor companies; and broadcasters, publishers, platform operators, online and entertainment companies.
Communications: Oliver Wyman helps players in the converged communications industry (fixed-line operators, Internet-service providers, cable TV operators, mobile operators, wholesale operators, and private equity groups) to develop value growth strategies, improve their offers and go-to-market performance, and maximize organizational effectiveness.
Media & Entertainment: Oliver Wyman’s global Media & Entertainment practice assists industry leaders in creating significant and lasting value by developing and implementing innovative corporate, product, and marketing strategies and effecting significant operational improvements.
With deep industry expertise, our consulting team helps clients stay ahead of the competition by working with them on their most challenging problems around strategic growth, digital transformation, operational improvement, and organizational effectiveness.
Technology: Oliver Wyman’s technology practice collaborates with clients to create sustainable shareholder value through anticipating Value Migration shifts, developing innovative business models and product/solution offerings, and improving operational excellence. We serve the enterprise computing, software, communications & business equipment, consumer electronics, semiconductor, and IT services industries.
The Associate and Engagement Manager positions offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high-quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Engagement Managers, Principals and Partners, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
- Coaching consultants and helping them develop their skill sets
Desired Skills And Experience
Associates serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years of experience in strategy consulting and/or Communications, Media & Technology industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel (at least 50-75% of the time)
Why work at Oliver Wyman?
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you’ll do meaningful work from day one. We’re looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us. At Oliver Wyman, there’s no “one size fits all” – we hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement. We have a collaborative, supportive and impactful team environment – we want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don’t take themselves too seriously.
Our Values & Culture
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self-starters and free thinkers who work well in a team –
We are individuals who are self-starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success – We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction – We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers – We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives – We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one’s workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.