Full Job Description
We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
Responsible for managing and implementing financial operations, including budgeting, accounting and reimbursement of the organization. Provides financial analysis and oversight for assigned department(s) and/or area(s).
Required – Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
Preferred – Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA);
Required – 5 years in healthcare management experience
Preferred – Certified Public Accountant
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Knowledge of EPSI, EPIC, and Oracle
- Strong analytical skills and extremely knowledgeable in financial modeling, terms and concepts.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard; intermediate to advanced Excel skill level.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent leadership skills and self-direction, good judgment in handling difficult situations and good organizational, time management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Oversees budgets for assigned area(s).
- Conducts financial analysis and forecasting for assigned area(s).
- Coordinates the distribution of monthly financial reports to leadership.
- Assist with preparation for the Monthly Operating Reviews and/or Service Line Report Outs.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies operational issues that could have financial impact.
- Ensures compliance with departmental, hospital, and federal/state regulatory policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases .
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English , Spanish , Chinese , and Arabic .
Affirmative Action Policy Statement