OCG+ is a purpose-led communications agency that focuses on creating social impact strategies and programs that resonate with marginalized communities. OCG+ is seeking a social impact officer to join our purpose driven team. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of proven strategic communication experience with a focus on diversity, equality and inclusion. This position will focus on communication strategy, planning, advisory services, and social impact initiatives. Only A+ candidates should apply.
The core competencies of this position are:
- Lead efforts in planning and developing strategic social impact campaigns that deliver results.
- Act as primary client strategic advisor on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the team on research, creative and communication strategies across channels.
- Participate in new business presentations.
You will be suited for this position if you have:
- An understanding of purpose driven work.
- A desire to do work that changes people’s lives.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to independently steer complex issues to resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to develop rapport across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing multi-year strategic plans to address complex social issues.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to assess data and prepare effective reports for internal and public audiences.
- Solid organizational and follow-through skills, performing work accurately with strong attention to detail.
- 8+ years of strategic communications experience (media relations, marketing and/or content development.
- The ability to lead, develop, manage and hold team members accountable.
- Proven track record in building strong client relationships.
- Advanced writing and verbal communication skills.
- Carry out special projects as required.
- Agency experience preferred.