Purpose of the Role
The Program Associate functions as a key member of the Global Programs Team and reports to the Global Program Manager of the Obama Foundation Scholars Program.
The Associate will assist with the evolving design and execution of the Obama Foundation Scholars Program, supporting the program lifecycle through programmatic and administrative activities. In addition to supporting the program lifecycle for Scholars, the Associate will serve as a member of the Global Programs team’s Strategic Operations group, working closely with other program Associates to coordinate and streamline operations-related planning and implementation across the Global Programs Team and the Foundation as a whole. The Scholars program is conducted in partnership with academic institutions, and the Associate will also collaborate closely with teams across these partner institutions to support annual cohorts of Scholars.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Programming and Event Support: Assist the Global Program Manager with implementing programming for the Obama Foundation Scholars, both virtual and in-person. Manage strategic operations for all program sessions and events, including scheduling,) technology set-up and support, liaising with external speakers and preparing session materials. Work in close conjunction with the Global Program Manager and other internal stakeholders to draft and/or edit all program communications Serve as a liaison to program participants and moderate community forums online , analyze and track quantitative data trends related to the program such as impact measurement and connection requests, etc. When in-person programming resumes, lead logistics for multiple U.S.-based convenings including managing venues, travel, catering, and lodging. Work in collaboration with the Global Program Manager and institutional partner counterparts to sync program development across academic institutions with the Foundation’s offerings.
- Participant Selection: In collaboration with institutional partners, support the design of the application and selection process. Assist with the Obama Foundation’s assessment of applications, schedule and participate in applicant interviews, and collect and manage interview notes. Support with all logistical aspects of on-boarding participants.
- Alumni Engagement: Support Global Programs team members in executing the five-year vision and strategy for global leadership network. Assist with drafting and distributing alumni communications and designing and implementing alumni events.
- External Partnerships: Assist in partnership management and ensure that back office support regarding partnerships is completed in a timely manner, including updating and uploading contacts in Salesforce, reconciling budgets, coordinating events and updating related documents . Support efforts to establish partnerships and build networks that can support the execution of the 5 Year Strategy.
- Vendor Management: Manage the end-to-end process for securing all third-party vendors for Scholars programming which includes identifying and vetting vendors (in partnership with other Global Programs staff), managing speaker registration, and initiating and approving contracts in the IronClad system online as well as reconciling budgets and reporting across cohorts.
- Development and Creative + Comms: Contribute to communications materials for the general public and to development reporting for funders, board, and the Foundation’s Digital Team. Collect program participant impact stories, interview program participants for Development and Creative + Comms highlights, and assist with updating the program landing page on the Obama.org website.
- Finance: Manage invoicing for all contracted vendors and support monthly budget reconciliation.
- Other Duties: Perform as assigned.
Key Deliverables / Outcomes
- Influence and implement programming that lifts emerging leaders
- Support implementation of the Scholars Program 5-year strategy and budget
- Maintain program activities calendar for multiple Scholars cohorts and planning schedule
- Maintain reporting and impact metrics, both qualitative and quantitative for the growing Scholars community, across class years.
- Demonstrated experience leading or supporting relevant social impact or leadership programs. Demonstrated experience utilizing inclusion and equity lenses to achieve mission or program objectives. Strong candidates will have three or more years of experience across geographies
- Practical expertise in the region’s cultural and political dynamics and issues. Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the time difference between the region and the Foundation’s offices
- Strong communications skills: verbal, written, team collaboration, and use of digital media tools. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to foster trusting relationships with program participants of all backgrounds.
- Demonstrated project management and organizing skills, including budget, contract, and network management as well as event planning and coordination.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Contact the job poster
Empath | Talent Matchmaker | Upstander