Purpose of the Role
The Associate for Strategy and Operations will work in close partnership with the Deputy Director to ensure successful implementation of operational and team-wide goals and priorities by supporting processes and procedures that track the operational needs and resources of the team. The Associate will ensure smooth program operations such as contract processing, budget and invoice tracking, vendor tracking, staff onboarding, and financial tracking. The Associate takes on special initiatives at the direction of the Deputy Director that advance team goals, such as team culture and professional development efforts. The Associate, Strategy & Operations reports directly to the Deputy Director, Strategy & Operations, MBK Alliance.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Strategy & Operations: Collaborates with members of the Strategy & Operations Team to plan, track, and execute the team’s strategy and operations priorities utilizing collaborative tools.
- Contract Management: Manages and tracks the internal processing and approvals of contracts to ensure timeliness and accuracy of services and resources.
- Program Operations: Supports and maintains operating procedures for common team procedures to ensure efficiency, accountability, quality output and uniformity of performance. Maintains internal team site helpful for new and existing team members.
- Advisory Council Support: Supports the development and execution of all activities associated with the Advisory Council including staffing for all Council and Committee meetings, meeting schedules, locations, development of agenda, and meeting materials. Maintains Advisory Council Site with pertinent information and resources for new and existing Council members.
- Budget Management: Tracks vendor invoices and payments, gathers and prepares routine financial reports (budget vs. actual, revenue) for team’s review.
- Ad Hoc Team Support: Executes stakeholder outreach and communication, provides research for programs and strategic plans. Provides event management and administrative support as needed.
Key Deliverables / Outcomes
- Vendor Tracking (contracts, invoices, spending)
- Advisory Council Materials (membership logs, meeting materials, personal engagement plans)
- MBK Standard Operating Procedures (communications, file management, approvals, etc.)
- MBK Internal Team Site (team resources)
- MBK Advisory Council Member Site
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the project management discipline
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in administration and tracking
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships across various stakeholders
- Exceptional planning and organization skills with a strong attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Contact the job poster
Empath | Talent Matchmaker | Upstander