The Manager of Partnership Marketing is responsible for day to day; account management, activation, and fulfillment of contract deliverables for assigned Oakland Athletics corporate partners. Along with the ongoing objective of further building existing relationships and successfully providing partners unparalleled service, sports partnership expertise and strategic thinking.
- Continually liaison with other internal departments (e.g., Communications, Community, Content, Finance, Marketing, Stadium Operations, Ticketing, etc.) to ensure that all communication is streamlined to drive collaboration most effectively for the implementation of partner programs
- Initiate, maintain, and further cultivate regular contact with partners and/or partners’ agencies, developing strong professional relationships
- Oversee day-to-day account management on assigned partners, including all contract activation and fulfillment, vendor relationships and gameday executions
- Manage all major deliverables (e.g., branded signage, promotional, social / digital, radio, in-stadium entertainment, Community involvement, etc.) to ensure that partner expectations are met and exceeded
- Accountable for driving renewal discussions and upsell opportunities with existing partnerships to generate additional revenue, including developing new platforms, realigning objectives, and assets, and drafting all necessary presentation materials
- Coordinate the implementation of branding and activations during gamedays and other stadium events including digital signage, in-game features, and fan engagement opportunities
- Review promotional concepts, including evaluation and approval of promotional programs, rules, artwork, and in-market supporting media. Coordinate all aspects internally and externally
- Create and coordinate logistics for gameday hospitality such as partner tickets, suite nights, and other in-stadium special events
- Create, coordinate and host various non-gameday hospitality events such as networking forums, watch parties, partner trips, etc.
- Manage creation and delivery of mid-year / end-of-year recap reports for each assigned partner
- Likeable, relationship-focused, and customer-centric with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing, presentation, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and a sense-of-urgency approach
- Ability to problem solve; solutions-oriented mentality
- Proactive and productive; recognizes opportunity to make processes actionable to achieve job efficiencies
- Proficiency in software platforms – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Google Suite, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to travel for required meetings, activations, and events
- Serve as a Team Member resource at games and events throughout the season
- Experience in a service-related position
- Experience in brand/property management
- Proficiency in CRM systems KORE and/or Salesforce
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience with a professional sports team and/or sports marketing agency