- Finance/Accounting/Billing, ESAA – Fin Data Governance (S881), NYU Grossman School of Medicine
- NYU Grossman School of Medicine (SOM)
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm variable hours
ABOUT NYU LANGONE HEALTH
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including six inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
Share this job
Working at NYU Langone Health
At NYU Langone Health, there are numerous areas for you as a leadership professional to make an impact on our organization. As one of the nation’s leading medical centers, we need bright, innovative people to step up and take charge of the many initiatives currently taking place here. From our brand new 830,000-square-foot Helen L. and Martin S. Kimmel Pavilion to our new 16 story Science Building, NYU Langone Health is ripe with career-opportunities that are sure to transform the way we think about medical care.
With over six inpatient locations, and additional facilities spread throughout, NYU Langone Health is New York City’s premier healthcare institution. Our world-class facilities service all five boroughs and treat a full range of medical conditions in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our growing outpatient network allows us to deliver our exceptional medical services directly to the communities we serve. Plus, our doctors and nurses are routinely voted as some of the best in the nation. It’s no wonder why the name NYU Langone Health has become synonymous with excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
To protect the safety of our patients, staff, and the community at large effective August 16, 2021 NYU Langone Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all faculty, staff, voluntary attending physicians, Howard Hughes Medical Institute employees, non-compensated faculty, students, clinical or academic observers, and volunteers, unless granted an approved exemption (in New York State, only medical exemptions shall be considered).
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Financial Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate as the RDM Financial Analyst reports to the Manager, and is responsible for performing on a daily basis for setting up and maintaining grants/awards in PeopleSoft throughout their life cycle. S/he must ensure that all SOM, FHC, and SBC awards are set up properly in the system applying the right product, pricing method, contract type, billing & revenue plans. Financial Analyst serves also as the liaison with External Reporting team for the departments s/he covers making sure that all milestones, sponsors guidelines are captured and queried in/from PeopleSoft supporting the reporting with accurate and timely data. The Financial Analyst helps Manager maintaining RDM logs and metrics files and provides support to any ad hoc request.
- Respond to all inquiries pertaining to extending commitment control start and end dates; changing project statuses based on the intention for allowing or dis-allowing certain transactions.
- May be required to maintain the Research Data Management workflow with Sponsored Programs Administration, Research Finance Staff, Department and other financial community. Maintain an accurate log, distribute the work according to approved workflow, follow up on requests and provide frequent reports to upper management.
- Analyze and update the system with all milestones for reporting purposes for federal and non-federal grants and contracts. Analyze and populate the milestones for billing for all sub-grants, sub-contracts and contracts that have billing as mechanism of reimbursement for costs incurred.
- Perform ad-hoc duties such as putting billing & revenue plans on pending, hold and ready status as required by billing processes; amend the contracts due to financial and non-financial changes; increase / decrease contract limit upon continuations / modifications in budgets. Respond in a professional manner to all inquiries sent to Data Management and follow up on all issues that require solutions within deadline.
- Communicate clear and in details all issues pertaining to the application of rules and regulations governing sponsored awards and propose appropriate solutions to the financial community and academic departments
- Update PeopleSoft related system tables as required; review the results of nightly processes; analyze and troubleshoot functional system problems within Grants Management modules. Assist in system-wide grant related process testing; assist management with reporting duties required for an assigned group of sponsored awards to include also close-out and perform other duties as assigned.
- Setting up new sponsors; creating and updating customer contact information and link all the changes to billing plans in contract pages.
- Activate contracts, create billing and revenue plans; establish prepaids and fixed events / milestones associated to contracts line; manage renewable services.
- Setting up within 2-3 business days new awards and award modifications; post to appropriate ledgers grants costs budgets; perform analysis of PYCF and implement it in current budget year and validate default chartfields.
- Review and analyze all types of sponsored programs grants and contracts received by Data Management and determine the appropriate settings of product type, contract type, billing requirements, billing formats and other supporting schedules
To qualify you must have a Bachelor degree in Finance; Grants and contracts experience; Academic Medical Center experience; overall relevant work experience of at least 3 years.
1. Experience in Managing Sponsored Programs pre/post awards/contracts
2. Experience working with Oracle or similar ERP products (e.g. PeopleSoft)
3. Proficient in working in Microsoft products excel is a must
4. NYU Langone Health experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.