Manufacturing Consulting Manager – Strategy & Assessments
Date: Oct 15, 2021
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Company: NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Consulting Manager – Strategy & Assessments to join our team in Chicago, Illinois (US-IL), United States (US).
NTT DATA Corporation is a top 10 global services company and part of the NTT Group, a Fortune 29 telecommunications and services company based in Japan. We operate with 60,000 professionals in 36 countries. Every day around the world we help clients explore new ways to respond to market dynamics with flexibility and speed, reduce costs with less risk, and increase productivity to enable growth.
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative, and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now. Candidates can be located anywhere in the continental U.S.
We are currently seeking a Manager to join our growing Manufacturing Consulting practice at NTT DATA Services. In this role, you will manage a team of consultants and lead workstreams focused on engagements related to increasing clients’ manufacturing operations effectiveness including related supply chain functions through business-focused assessments of strategy, operating models, and market dynamics.
Primary areas of focus and knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Post-production service
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing our NTT DATA Services consultant team.
- Managing client engagements and workstreams related to supply chain and manufacturing.
- Providing oversight of project work and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Ensuring timely execution and quality of project deliverables.
- Supporting scoping, negotiating, and contracting of advisory services and deliverables.
- Leading client interviews and meetings to guide conversations to better understand their business processes and issues.
- Reviewing consulting team analysis of complex data and processes to generate insights and support conclusions.
- Overseeing development of solutions and recommendations aligned with the Manufacturing Consulting practice and client expectations.
- Designing market research in support of client’s business or Manufacturing Consulting practice development.
- Managing and contributing to business development including proposals and/or competitive bids.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- 2+ years management consulting (strategy and operations focused, non-systems integration/technology) experience.
- 2+ years of relevant industry and/or consulting experience in the primary areas of focus: Plan, Source, Make, Post-production service.
- 2+ years conducting and/or managing company-relevant research with quantitative and/or qualitative analyses, including synthesis to generate insights and/or support recommendations.
- 2+ years of proven experience managing, creating, and co-facilitating executive-level presentations.
- 1+ years of proven experience supporting proposals and/or sell-side consulting delivery content.
- Flexible to travel 75% in accordance with evolving guidelines, restrictions, and/or policies.
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- Management consulting experience with Big 4/T2 within the primary areas of focus: Plan, Source, Make, Post-production service.
- 1+ years of effectively managing and developing high-performing, diverse consulting teams.
- Client advisory experience across a diverse set of strategic, technology-agnostic projects within supply chain.
- Proven experience designing, creating, and facilitating cross-functional workshops.
- Communicates effectively across all organizational hierarchies with appropriate sensitivity and persuasiveness.
- Experience managing client relationships and satisfaction as a member of project delivery management team.
- Exercises sound judgment with minimal oversight support through structured problem identification and resolution.
- Experience in advancing company brand through approved social media and/or published content.
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams.
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Experience managing project scope, change requests, and delivery against defined milestones
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. To learn more, please visit https://us.nttdata.com/en/about-us/content/diversity-and-inclusion. Furthermore, NTT DATA Services will make accommodations for eligible applicants on a case-by-case basis. Please email EEOOfficer@nttdata.com for assistance.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Consulting, Business Development, Manager, Technology, Sales, Management