The Energy Engineer will support our sustainability team by evaluating, conceptualizing, modelling, designing and implementing solutions to reduce energy usage, improve efficiency, and reduce comfort problems in a diverse set of buildings across our portfolio. The position will also support the development of projects involving renewable energy, micro grids, energy storage, cogeneration, geothermal and other cutting edge technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advises and collaborates with clients and colleagues concerning energy management, sustainability and renewables.
- Collects data for and conducts energy audits through observation, inspection, and sub metering at job sites.
- Evaluates energy efficiency and consumption based on review of electrical, mechanical, and architectural plans.
- Monitors data collection, executes energy usage analysis and modeling, and creates an audit report with recommendations to improve energy efficiency and save costs.
- Uses engineering software to create, analyze, or interpret graphical representations of energy data and information.
- Leads energy management project implementation.
- Has depth of knowledge in building automation systems.
- Develops and/or installs energy management routines for automation systems throughout facilities.
- Has interest and is alert to evolving technologies such as micro grids, storage and renewables.
- Advises on, or negotiates, agreements regarding energy purchase and use.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of buildings, building systems (including lighting, building envelope, and mechanical systems), and combustion science.
- General understanding of ASHRAE 90.1, LEED and green building requirements.
- Thorough understanding of energy conservation principles and techniques, as well as fuel data analysis.
- Ability to read and understand architectural, electrical, and mechanical plans.
- Ability to correctly conduct in-field energy assessments.
- Understanding of methods used for technical and cost savings analysis and reporting.
- Understanding of energy modeling software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact well with customers and co-workers, in the field and the office.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Energy Engineering
- 3+ years in energy efficiency engineering within commercial or industrial buildings highly preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Energy Manager(CEM) certification and /or state certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT)
Benefits of Working at NOCO:
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company paid training
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives
2440 Sheridan Dr, Tonawanda, NY 14150, USA