Life at Nissan encompasses everything that inspires both the quality of our vehicles and the quality of our people. Company-wide, you’ll find fast learners and self-starting engines as well as people who are quick to embrace change and take an idea into overdrive. At Nissan, minds race. Imagination gets a green light. Each opportunity is the fuel that drives an idea from inspiration to real-life
We are seeking a Sr. Analyst, Risk Management & Scoring in Irving, TX. This individual directly contributes to the building of sales finance tools and decision science solutions related to credit approval, product pricing, customer acquisition, portfolio performance, operating efficiencies and expense control. Serves as a lead in the development, documentation, implementation, and ongoing performance monitoring and calibration of origination scorecards, behavior scores, fraud scores, early payment default scores and loss forecasting models used for loan loss reserve and budget. Executes on plans to develop respective forecasting models in support of executive guidelines.
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The job function statements reflect expectations of the fully trained, proficient incumbent who meets all performance criteria.
- Applies risk management, analytics, finance and control techniques for maximum financial efficiencies.
- Gathers, validates and evaluates data in order to guide business decisions through well-founded recommendations.
- Develops and monitors credit decision automation algorithms, credit scoring models and special credit programs.
- Possess strong business engagement skills and communicates with other Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation departments, third party venders and pass through entities to develop solutions for credit scoring processes, to meet business requirements and resolve risk management issues.
- Participates in project management of modifications to credit scoring system configurations.
- Assists with strategic development plans required for credit operations efficiencies, product design and pricing, legal, compliance and loss reduction.
- Assists in development of models for budget planning in support of executive guidelines.
- Develops reporting related to Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation’s receivables performance.
- As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Emphasis in statistics, applied mathematics, economics, engineering, operations research or a risk management discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience at a professional level, including progressive analytical and strategy experience.
- Demonstrates data mastery related to the metrics and attribution of credit risk and business operations. Practical working knowledge of modeling techniques such as population sampling, variable reduction, hypothesis testing, non-parametric testing, decision tree classification, segmentation, logistic regression, simulation and time series econometrics. Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical subjects. Strong project management skills.
- Thorough computer knowledge such as word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to resolve complex problems in day-to-day situations. Highly skilled in SQL or other database management software. Strong functional knowledge of SAS, Python and other data science applications.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those an employee must normally meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Infrequent day and overnight travel.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.
Irving Texas United States of America