Life at Nissan encompasses everything that inspires both the quality of our vehicles and the quality of our people. Company-wide, you’ll find fast learners and self-starting engines as well as people who are quick to embrace change and take an idea into overdrive. At Nissan, minds race. Imagination gets a green light. Each opportunity is the fuel that drives an idea from inspiration to real-life.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Risk Management Analyst to join our team in Franklin, TN.
Nissan Risk Management is looking for an energetic professional to provide advanced financial management, reporting, and administration of Nissan Risk Management programs. The candidate should have the ability to manage Nissan’s risk portfolio efficiently and effectively through identification and analysis of risks and treatment of those risks. A successful candidate must be flexible, have strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, be self-driven, able to work well independently, and work collaboratively with teams across the organization and in other countries. Candidate should be able to solve complex problems while achieving key business objectives and reducing Nissan’s total cost of risk.
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The job function statements reflect expectations of the fully trained, proficient incumbent who meets all performance criteria.
- Supports Manager of America’s Risk Management department to identify and assess financial and hazard risks in a highly dynamic environment.
- Implements risk management measures to efficiently and effectively mitigate risk through combination of risk control, risk finance, and insurance.
- Responsible for local and regional program administration, claims, and loss control activities. Serves as key regional contact for America’s region on globally placed policies.
- Able to work cross functionally and cross culturally. This involves managing multiple global insurer relationships and related service providers.
- Leads select regional insurance program renewals. Manages program costs and budgets to achieve total cost of risk goals for the America’s region.
- Works as part of team to execute efficient risk management processes. Measures and audits performance of insurers, third party claim administrators, and brokers to ensure compliance with Nissan standards and industry best practices (including claim reviews, audits, etc.)
- Performs financial analysis including trend analysis, advanced cash flow, and other analyses using internal and external risk management information systems.
- Reports out regularly on key program risk metrics. Uses data to evaluate risk management performance and prioritize opportunities. Self-driven to develop loss control goals that improve the company’s risk profile and challenge the status quo.
- Reviews and analyzes supplier and other contracts and makes recommendations for insurance requirements to ensure consistency and adherence to company policies, standards and best practice in Risk Management.
- Initiates change and negotiates directly with vendors and Nissan internal customers.
- As necessary, performs other related duties.
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in a finance or business role.
- 3+ years of progressive risk management or insurance experience preferred. ARM or CPCU preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite ability. Advance Microsoft Excel user. Familiarity with RMIS applications.
- Hands on, results driven with strong project management skills and ability to manage and execute multiple, competing priorities effectively.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills. Customer oriented with strong sense of service and passion. Ability to understand employee and business needs.
- Ability to challenge status quo and drive change where appropriate. Thrives on change, pace, action and accountability. Strong transformation skills.
- Intellectually strong and highly analytical, with ability to use data to drive desired results.
- Independent with excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels and persuade both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of property & casualty insurance. Understanding of self-insurance mechanisms, including reserving practices and captive insurance companies.
- Understanding of risk management best practices.
- Ability to develop and foster strategic relationships, working collaboratively and in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to drive negotiations to favorable results with and without brokers.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.
Franklin Tennessee United States of America