Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
This person is passionate and curious about data and looks for unique innovative opportunities about data. This person is passionate about digital transformation and understands that high quality data is one of the critical success factors.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Obsess Nike’s Vendor data: what data, where is it and who is using it across all functions and geographies. Vendor data originates in Global Sourcing and Manufacturing and flows across the Nike Inc enterprise.
- Implement strategy, management and consistency of the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data employed to support our recent investment in digital transformation of our manufacturing eco-system and support the Nike business, ensuring we are meeting business reporting and analytics needs while balancing quality, risk and cost within Vendor data
- Establish Vendor data governance structures & operating mechanisms to continually mature the data & sustain ongoing data improvement
- Champion the application, usage and adoption of data governance capabilities within Vendor data including data catalog, business glossary, data discovery, data lineage, security frameworks and data quality
- Be responsible for the ongoing improvement in the consistency and integrity of Vendor data through data standards, thresholds & reporting
- Create and sustain relationships with diverse business partners to understand current and anticipate future business needs, understand requirements and define relevant strategic questions
- Facilitate operating model to sustain ongoing Vendor data improvement including chairing various Global Sourcing & Manufacturing Data Governance meetings, identifying data owners, business and technical data stewards and collaborating with Product Creation, AirMI, Nike Digital, Enterprise Data Governance, Procurement, and Technology & Analytics functions
- Collaborate with senior management in developing recommendations around policies, standards and framework for data governance, and implement and maintain a data governance structure aligned to enterprise data governance
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
This person will be working with the Global Sourcing & Manufacturing teams, Enterprise Data Governance team, and partner closely with Commercial Analytics and Technology to implement consistency in Data Governance strategy and approach.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Partnering with the GSM Vendor Operations Leader, this person will be ensuring the operational data quality needs of Sustainability, Sourcing and Partner Managers are met while working with GSM Leaders of our digital transformation.
- Partner with Commercial Analytics, Technology and Enterprise Data & Analytics (Information Management, Information Architects, Data Product Directors, Data Strategy) as well as Business Leaders / Stewards who lead the data and Technical Stewards responsible for the implementation of systems that originate the data.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical field, or equivalent level of experience in a data analysis/administration, data quality, data governance, or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience implementing data governance standards, practices, and support models to achieve business objectives
- Experience with data and information/content implementations involving collaborative solutions, predictive analytics and BI reporting, machine learning, knowledge systems, big data and the use of diverse sources of data/content
- Extensive experience in leading projects with a team-focused approach – with the ability to prioritize, organize and lead deadlines
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.