Our Data Science team is experimenting, testing, and driving major insights that impact both a global network of clients and our own Nielsen direction. Excited? Come join us!
Joining Data Science means you will: Begin with an introduction to learn about our strategies, products and systems, as well as an overview of our data science community and dive head-first and gain hands-on experience creating innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients and employees.
What will you do?
- Partner with the business to develop and deploy new methods that measure audiences across platforms and integrate new data assets into Nielsen’s existing methodologies.
- Utilize and develop innovative statistical modeling (and machine learning / deep learning methodologies where applicable) to enable custom audience analytics based on large volumes of data from various sources
- Work within an Agile, cross-functional scrum team to develop, validate, and optimize methodologies
- Assist in the design and implementation strategies to automate data delivery using the methodologies developed
- Summarize, document, and communicate research findings to audiences of varying levels of technical subject matter expertise
- Exhibit expertise in your product domain (understanding the systems involved, the technical component flow, specific aspects of the methodology, etc.)
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing education in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Sociology (Quantitative), and other similar disciplines
- Foundational knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, Spark, Scala, SQL and large-scale databases), databases, data structures, and algorithms
- Open-minded and excited to learn and grow technology skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail and pride in the work you do
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Our Data Science Team:
The Data Science team is highly collaborative and you will work directly with product owners, data engineers, UX engineers, and designers to create the best possible product. Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients.