Full Job Description
Requisition ID: 57221
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
As a Senior Project Manager on FPL’s Development team, you will work on the cutting edge of energy and explore the possibilities distributed energy and transportation electrification are creating for the utility. You will have the opportunity to implement FPL’s e-mobility strategy and will be responsible for leading the origination, development and execution of electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure projects.
In this role you will manage the project development process including lead generation, site selection, contract negotiation with site hosts, utility interconnection and permitting activities, managing project schedule, timelines and budgets and ensuring efficient project hand-off to FPL’s installation team for construction and close-out.. You are expected to work closely with various internal and external stakeholders and will assist in the preparation of presentations and other written materials for key stakeholders including senior management, local government leaders, permitting agencies, and other interested parties. You are expected to be fully responsible for ensuring current and future customers have the best experience at the most convenient charging stations.
This role will include travel, throughout the state of Florida, up to 30% as needed (limited overnight travel).
We are looking for a:
- Result-driven candidate who will directly impact our goal of expanding access to EV charging.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and project management skills are essential to be successful in this role. Organization – Highly organized, able to simultaneously manage 20+ projects in various phases, without missing a beat
- Autonomy – Autonomous, high-motor approach to execution and achievement. Self-motivated and outspoken about what is needed to get a job done
- Business Model-oriented – must be able to understand site host needs and how charging integrates into meeting their business goals
- Excellent Communication – strategic listener, conscious conversationalist, and persuasive of people from a wide range of roles and backgrounds; Comfortable communicating with all types of stakeholders, including
- CEOs, facility managers, city planners, marketing managers, and utility planners
- Risk Management – Aggressive approach to reducing risk and getting ahead of problems before they impact project timelines
- Experience in contracts, real estate, utility planning, charging infrastructure, EV infrastructure policy, and local permitting preferred
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new and enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completed on time and within budgetary constraints.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive result
- Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and financial negotiations
- Responsible for managing multiple and complex projects
- Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
- Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection
- Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
- Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Fosters external relationships with customers, third parties and members of the community
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad/GED
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
NextEra Energy, Inc.