Date: Sep 13, 2021
Location: New York, NY, US
Company: New York Life Insurance Co
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
Are you passionate about the intersection between data-driven insights, impactful business strategy and complex and ambiguous challenges? The Service Analytics team sits right in the middle of those as a part of the Service Insights Center of Excellence. You will be working alongside a group of data analysts, data engineers, and business intelligence developers with a passion for data and insights.
The Service Insights Analytics Intern will be a key member of the Analytics team to support the wide variety of high impact projects that inform strategic decisions such as customer churn modeling, speech analytics, digital adoption and call center operations. This role will also work on a challenging final project to demonstrate skills learned throughout the internship and contribute towards tangible impacts for the company. Strong performance in this role has the potential to lead to a full time analytics role.
- Work with cutting edge data analytics toolsets to query from large datasets, wrangle and analyze datasets and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Interact with internal business partners to understand how business contexts across New York Life ties together with strategic initiatives
- Communicate and present data insights and findings to colleagues and senior audiences in a professional manner
- Contribute towards important data products including dashboards and analyses that can be leveraged to enhance customer experience and improve business operations
- Acts as a liaison with various data and analytics teams across the company
- Complete a complex and challenging final project to demonstrate skills learned throughout the internship while informing the strategic direction of key priorities for NYL
- Must be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school program or the final academic year of an undergraduate program
- Requires degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Economics, or related field
- Passion for solving business questions by taking large datasets and identifying trends and insights
- Strong communication, coordination and prioritization skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- At least basic knowledge of SQL
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Some experience with analytics toolsets such as Tableau, Python, and R is desirable
- Professional, positive demeanor
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.J
Job Requisition ID: 84584
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Intern, Analytics, Social Media, Computer Science, Data, Entry Level, Management, Marketing, Technology
Find similar jobs: