The Senior Director, Social Media will lead the team’s social media across all platforms with the dual objective of maximizing fan engagement and generating overall growth. This key role will own and manage social platforms from a content perspective, ensuring that an individualized strategy is implemented and executed across each of the social platforms. The Senior Director has the opportunity to design and mold the Jets’ social accounts and platforms with forward-facing, innovative adaption to new technologies and capabilities. This position will partner with other members of the department to ensure alignment in content development and monetization. This leader must have a deep understanding of analytics and how to use them to understand and optimize engagement and growth, as well as the ability to identify new tools and tactics to enhance the quality and effectiveness of all social media efforts. The person in this role will have extensive opportunities to partner cross-functionally with other departments including football operations and executive leadership, as well as ownership visibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and execute the organization’s social strategy, individualized for every team social media account with an unwavering focus on fan engagement and audience growth.
- Strategize with and oversee the day-to-day managers of each of the social platforms, and lead continual conversations around maximizing access, embracing team voice, and seizing opportunities for all platforms.
- Lead, hire, train, and motivate a diverse team with an eye towards building bench strength and growing employees, while exemplifying and nurturing a positive workplace culture.
- Work closely with the communications staff to ensure alignment on access and social content timing and messaging.
- Partner with Executive Producer and entire multimedia team to develop and create innovative, timely and engaging video for social.
- Collaborate with Content Strategy & Marketing teams to activate influencers in the social space.
- Explore emerging opportunities to optimize revenue and promotion for sponsors & ticket sales efforts.
- Work with digital staff on cross-promotional and content ideation opportunities.
- Leverage knowledge of social media platforms and overall technology innovations to develop and deliver opportunities for revenue and enhanced fan experiences.
- Contribute to building Jets social platforms through leadership and related activities to enhance marketplace visibility.
- Implement strategies and tactics to grow followers and engage and retain them.
- Contribute to the development of sales decks and other sales tools.
- Attend all daily and weekly content workflow, production and ideation meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience required
- 10 – 15 years of experience in content, marketing and/or communications, with most of that time spent in social media
- A command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, love of creativity and understanding of how to build and grow a digital audience
- Strong familiarity with all new technology trends and active follower of new technological advances
Analytical Skills-Synthesizes information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops solutions quickly and effectively.
Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares those skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
Metrics-Develop meaningful metrics to measure and demonstrate the impact of social activity. Track and measure social media performance against agreed key metrics and develop a dashboard to share and socialize. Analyze performance and provide recommendations and plans for optimization.
Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
Written Communications-Writes clearly and informatively.
Change Management-Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change and monitors transition.
Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
A background check will be conducted prior to the start of the position. The New York Jets are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, affectional orientation, marital status, civil union status, and domestic partnership status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Jets are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities.