CANDIDATE PROFILE: The New York Jets are looking for a detail-oriented, motivated individual with contract management experience to join our legal team in Florham Park, New Jersey. The Contracts Manager Paralegal will be responsible for the administration of a high volume of contracts, including supporting the contract management process with legal oversight as appropriate.
- Responsible for the review, editing and drafting of routine commercial contracts (e.g., sponsorship, suite and event agreements, NDAs, vendor contracts, consulting agreements) with attorney support.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Club’s digital contract platform to streamline the contract preparation, review, approval, and maintenance process. Ensure that contracts are properly tracked and securely maintained.
- Develop knowledge of applicable regulations, laws, and protocols relating to the NFL and the Club; draft periodic updates to contractual provisions to address regulatory / legal changes.
- Review and amend basic legal documents in a timely manner and appropriately escalate contract issues to counsel that may require further analysis and review.
- Assist in document production and discovery for litigation and audit matters.
- Oversee the handling of workers compensation claims in collaboration with football staff and outside counsel.
- Build productive relationships with internal business teams and external vendors and clients.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Certificate in Contract Management, Paralegal certificate and/or equivalent experience required.
- Significant experience working in a law firm or in-house corporate legal team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Word redline, compare and other contract editing capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle a large volume of contracts under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with various business groups while demonstrating responsiveness, accountability, and integrity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; intellectual curiosity; demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and provide practical solutions to contract questions.
- Exceptional drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with DocuSign, Ironclad, and other contract management and legal department management tools are a plus.
- Experience working on technology or media agreements is a plus.
GENERAL INFORMATION A background check will be conducted prior to the start of the position. The New York Jets are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, affectional orientation, marital status, civil union status, and domestic partnership status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Jets are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities.
As part of our hiring policy, new hires will need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to their start date. Fully vaccinated refers to at least two (2) weeks after the final dose on a two-dose vaccination series (Pfizer or Moderna) or at least two (2) weeks after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination series (Johnson and Johnson).