Energy Analyst, (Senior Systems Analyst), Facilities Administration
- New York City Health & Hospitals Corp.
- New York, NY 10024
Posted 4 Days Ago
About NYC Health + Hospitals
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Energy Analyst will have overall responsibility for reviewing and analyzing HHC’s energy use and benchmarking data to support the City’s efforts to achieve its energy and greenhouse gas emissions reduction goal of 80 percent by 2050. The HHC Energy Analyst will report to New York City Health + Hospitals’ Director for its Office of Facilities Development (“Director”).
General tasks and responsibilities will include
- Analyze energy bills including utility rates or tariffs to gather historical energy usage data using EC3 database.
- Work closely with DCAS Energy Management to correct any incorrect account information and estimated billings.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage and update DEM (i.e., number of computers, AC units, etc.).
- Compare existing energy consumption levels to normative data.
- Quantify energy consumption to establish baselines for energy use or need.
- Provide monthly reports on energy trends that identify opportunities and anomalies.
- Determine patterns of building use to show annual or monthly needs for heating, cooling, lighting, or other energy needs for annual agency energy budget.
- Support peak load management/demand response program with data analysis and performance trends to participating facilities.
- Perform energy benchmarking for a portfolio of buildings
- Provide support for energy auditing and project measurement and verification.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university; and,
- Two years of experience in business, government, hospital, educational or a nonprofit organization in analysis, development and implementation of systems and subsystems, familiarity with EDP applications and data processing programs; or,
- A Masters Degree in Management, Business Administration or approved related fields from an accredited college or university may be equated to a maximum of one year of related experience; or,
- A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
- A master’s degree or a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, or a closely related field.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
4 years of overall related experience.
- 2 years of satisfactory full-time professional experience working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; or in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; or in educational, personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, labor relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/ administration, labor market research, economic planning, fiscal management; or in a related area.
Experience analyzing and presenting utility/energy information.
Experience auditing commercial or institutional energy bills.
Knowledge of commercial and industrial utility billing.
Knowledge of energy market dynamics.
Knowledge of new and emerging trends in the area of energy efficiency.
Ability to analyze and present complex data sets using Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
Knowledge of database management on Microsoft Access and integrated workflow management systems.
Prepared for fast paced environment
Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
COMPUTER PROGRAMS/SOFTWARE OPERATED:
Microsoft Office suite.
Procore/E-builder or similar.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.