REQ ID: 6330
New York, New York, US, 10022
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
This role reports to the Head of Marketing and is the point person for managing all major social responsibility projects/initiatives, including leading and managing timelines, approvals, and other internal processes. This role will work and build strategic relationships with team members across Marketing, Content, G League Teams, Social Responsibility & Player Programs, Events, Partnerships, and supporting agencies to incorporate social and player development initiatives, youth basketball, and local engagement initiatives across the G League. The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment where rapidly synthesizing new information and making informed strategic decisions are expected. Proven experience developing and executing/implementing a social responsibility platform, partnering cross-functionally to manage competing priorities with tight timelines, and building strategic relationships inside an organization (internally) as well as more broadly with stakeholders outside of an organization (externally) are essential. A strong interest, if not passion, for advocacy, social responsibility, community relations, outreach, organization, development, or other related areas that support and champion others is highly desirable.
- Strategic leadership of the NBA G League’s social responsibility brand
- Manage relationships, coordination, and communication with Social Responsibility and Player Programs, Youth Basketball, Player Development, and G League teams
- Work with NBA Player Development to develop and execute programs that are tailored to the G League experience.
- Work with NBA Social Responsibility to outline calendar of event activations and ensure proper execution.
- Engage directly with teams in a collaborative effort with NBA Player Development Identify existing team activation trends, provide support and incorporate into league level social initiatives as/where appropriate
- Integrate Social Responsibility and Youth Basketball initiatives into G League events
- Act as the point of contact for all departments as it relates to social responsibility and player development, in particular for/during tentpole events such as Winter Showcase, All-Star, Playoffs/Finals, Fan Fest, and relevant Team Ignite events
- Create new sellable ideas and activation opportunities and build relationships with prospective/new and existing Partners that add commercial value to the G League (i.e., upsell, extensions/renewals, new assets)
- Collaborate with Basketball Ops to engage and ensure players receive the appropriate support and resources Develop NBA G League exclusive Cares partnerships.
- Connect internally with Youth Basketball initiative to stay aligned with the trends in Elite Youth Basketball Stay abreast of relevant social and cultural trends and help strengthen authentic connections between our fans, players, and League
- 4-6 years of prior experience in Social Responsibility, Community Relations, or a similar field
- Experience in program development and execution
- Experience working with PR/Communications, Digital and Marketing teams to develop and execute externally facing messaging that elevate, amplify initiatives and encourage participation
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail Ability to work well as part of the team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of social networks and websites
- Proactive and creative approach to work and developing new projects
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience in professional sports organizations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or related discipline or relevant work experience preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.