Poste et missions
- Banking Program Analyst provides junior support for the origination and structuring activities of the bank’s investment banking and sector financing activities across multiple groups.
- Activities include but are not limited to:
- Structured Financing: Borrowing Base Facilities, Mining Financing, Leverage Financing, Asset-based Lending, Aircraft Financing, Infrastructure Finance, Trade-related Financing and Commercial Real Estate Finance.
- Facility types include: bilateral loans, syndicated loans to banks and non-bank financial institutions (or NBFI) for investment grade and non-investment grade financings. Transactions can be on a recourse (to the corporate), non-recourse (portfolio financing, via a SPV) bases.
He/She/They are to assist in all aspects of the life cycle of a transaction from the development of the initial pitch to the credit analysis for credit approval to the creation of the offering memorandum for the syndication of the transaction.
The Analyst in the team provides analytical, administrative, and transactional support to the teams. Specific duties may include but are not limited to the below tasks:
- Prepare marketing materials for potential new business
- Participate in all stages of origination, internal management and credit approval requests, and execution of the transaction
- Provide analytical support by performing cash flow and financial modeling, company valuation, deal structuring, market data collection & analysis, drafting of origination materials (teasers, term sheets, pitch books), and preparing credit application
- Interface between the origination teams and credit in order to facilitate internal credit approval processes
- Interface between the origination teams and support groups to assist with internal processing of transactions
- Attend client and investor meetings
- Support due diligence, including review of consultant reports, engineer reports, and legal documents
- Support the syndication or distribution of underwritten transactions or mandates syndication by preparing supporting documents including but not limited to: lender’s presentation, invitation letters, information memoranda, and bank meeting information materials
- Manage & collection information for client and investor questions/request
- Analyze and calculate financing risk on transactions using internal rating systems, Loan-to-Value (LTV), Loss Given Default (LGD) and Risk Adjusted Return on Equity (RAROE) calculation tools
- Provide support with the internal credit tools for new transactions
- Provide support with the Compliance on-boarding of new clients and periodic reviews of existing clients
- Coordinate the booking of transactions with operations/Deal Closing Team
- Preparing presentations for internal and external use
- Assignments and analysis as directed by the group head or deal team leader
- Research: relevant industry news, client specific activities, specific types of structure/products to the industry, etc.
- Produce and distribute: Daily/weekly industry news summary
Profil et compétences requises
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Math, Economics or closely related areas of Business Administration
- Banking experience is a plus
- Have a global understanding of the banking system and the products offered by Natixis
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills along with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Effective communications skills
- Presentation skills with attention to detail
- Takes ownership of projects, deadlines and deliverables
- Strong credit analysis, financial modeling, cash flow modeling, quantitative, analytical, and communication skills are essential including self‐confidence, initiative and professionalism
- Strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, v-lookups), Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Upslide, Pitchbook, MergerMarket, Capital IQ, & Bloomberg preferred
- Database experience a plus or business objects
- French, Spanish or other languages is a plus, but not required