Full Job Description
Investment Strategy Analysts (multiple positions) (National Life Insurance Company d/b/a National Life Group, Montpelier, VT): Reporting to the Head of Investment Strategy, the Investment Strategy Analyst is responsible for analyzing and communicating our balance sheet positioning and risk through a strategic lens. This role supports all activities related to delivering an investment strategy aligned with the objectives set by the Asset Risk Allocation Committee. This role collaborates with individuals throughout the investment team and National Life more broadly to ensure that we are executing on our investment strategies and helping National Life to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Constantly analyzes and communicates on investment portfolios, market opportunities, and other information relevant to the investment decision-making process.
- Applies risk models to give objective view of our activity relative to the market and the risk/return tradeoff.
- Develops investment portfolio monitors that facilitate better decision-making around positioning, objectives, and rebalancing opportunities.
- Serves as In-House Product-level investment strategy subject matter expert to represent needs of specific products when producing monthly orders.
- Supports Head of Investment Strategy in production of presentations that effectively communicate portfolio positioning and risk, as well as the investment landscape to both internal and external audiences.
- Participates in Investment Committee and Asset Risk Allocation Committee presentations where appropriate.
- Partners with other members of the investment team to analyze new investment opportunities to help determine suitability within the general account mandate.
- Responsible for competitive intelligence and improving understanding of portfolio positioning within the Life Insurance Industry context.
- Represents the Investment Team with various National Life stakeholders
- Evidences strong understanding of the asset management industry and capital markets, particularly in fixed income space
- Serves as critical resource to resolve questions that arise with insurance general account investing and/or insurance liabilities.
- Demonstrate strong quantitative/numerical skills to analyze large amounts of data and apply financial models
Actual Minimum Requirements
- Master’s degree in business administration or a related, quantitative/analytical field such as Operations Research or Finance;
- CFA Charter designation must be attained before application to the position;
- A minimally qualified applicant must possess at least two years (24 months) of post master’s degree experience in the life insurance industry in the job offered or any related position focused on providing quantitative and/or risk analysis to support the investment decision-making process.
Jobsite: 1 National Life Drive, Montpelier, VT 05604. Full-time employment. Qualified applicants apply online at www.nationallife.com/Careers. Reference Job ISA0921. This position is part of National Life Group’s employee referral program and is eligible for an employee referral incentive.