Corp Social Responsibility
- 11500 North Mopac Expressway, Austin, Texas, 78759, US
At the beginning of 2021 we launched our first-ever Corporate Impact Strategy, called Engineering Hope. Corporate Impact is NI’s version of Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The strategy includes 15 aspirational 2030 goals and commitments that outline how NI will put our company, people, and products to work to make a positive impact on society and our planet. As part of this strategy, we identified three pillars of impact: we aim to change the faces of engineering, build an equitable and thriving society, and engineer a healthy planet.
We are looking for someone to lead our Engineer a Healthy Planet Impact Pillar, our corporate impact communications, and impact reporting.
The individual in this position will report to the Sr. Director, Brand, Reputation and Impact with a matrixed partnership with the giving team and other departments at NI like facilities, supply chain, and R&D (plus more).
You will help NI build out and implement our environmental sustainability strategy helping to reduce our operational footprint, reduce our product footprint, and deploy our products to emerging innovators who can accelerate and lower the cost of green technology. You will be the steward of this strategy working cross-functionally to ensure alignment, buy-in, and implementation.
- Collaborate across NI (manufacturing, R&D, facilities, supply chain, legal, product compliance, BUs, and sales) to develop and implement our environmental sustainability strategy. Most programs will be led by departmental owners, for example product R&D leads our circular design working groups. You will sit on these core teams and provide support and input as needed and provide strategic council and best practice sharing.
- Work with teams mentioned to evolve our 10 year “Healthy Planet” goals into more specific 10-year targets.
- Bring new and innovative ideas to help reduce our footprint and make a positive impact on our planet. E.g. Connect our product development teams to new people and ideas.
- Lead or attend cross-functional Healthy Planet working groups to ensure we make regular progress to and meet our 10-year goals.
- Lead the “Green grant” workstream under our Product Grant Program to donate or discount products (software and hardware) to financially eligible organizations who are developing green tech to mitigate climate change or biodiversity loss.
Corporate Impact Communications
- Develop an integrated marketing and communications strategy to get the message out about our Corporate Impact strategy and the progress we are making to achieve our 10-year goals across all three pillars (not just environmental sustainability). Other pillars include “Changing the Faces of Engineering” and “Building an Equitable and Thriving Society”.
- Partner with our BUs and campaign managers, especially our transportation BU, to develop Corporate Impact messaging relevant to their audiences.
- Work with the corporate brand campaign manager to include relevant Corporate Impact messaging in paid media campaign, and other marketing touchpoints.
- Work with freelance writer on Corporate Impact articles, blogs, and content, and create some original content as needed like presentations, blogs, website content, etc.
- Lead weekly Corporate Impact Communications team that includes PR, internal comms, social media, DEI, etc.
- Work with customer proposal’s team to include Corporate Impact messaging and positioning and highlights into Customer RFPs.
- Work with PR and Sr. Director of Corporate Impact to develop thought leadership strategy.
- Recommend pledges, lists, and organizations to align and partner with.
- Oversee all Corporate Impact reporting efforts and manage part-time freelance reporting consultant. The consultant is responsible for data collection and creation of all metrics reports including annual Impact Goal Report, GRI, SASB, and in 2022 TCFD, CDP and CRA.
- Work with consultant to monitor key ratings agency scores and report back to the company on how we are performing, and recommend key changes that could improve scores, and get organizational buy-in for implementation.
- Lead the reporting core team that creates the annual or biennial (TBD) comprehensive Corporate Impact report that, in addition to annual metrics report, GRI, SASB, TCFD, CDP, etc.
- 10+ years in environmental sustainability.
- Strong understanding of ESG reporting.
- Strong understanding of key issues related to climate change and biodiversity
- Proven communication skills with the ability to develop messaging and write original content. Must have writing samples.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams – including strong influence without authority.
- Strategic agility, drive for results, can-do collaborative attitude, proactive.
- Ability to live the NI Values of be bold, be kind, be connectors.
- Bold – We’re creative problem solvers shaping the future for ourselves, our customers, our communities, and our planet.
- Kind – We value different perspectives and seek to help one another be more effective through constructive feedback and a supportive community of belonging.
- Connectors – We’re in this together. By sharing viewpoints and collaborating as one, we can sharpen, hone, and propel our best ideas forward.
There are many reasons to consider joining a company. Key among them are the people, the ideas, and the technology. At NI, we believe in the power and potential of connecting the three to create a path to success.
The people: We’re looking for curious and creative problem solvers who value diversity and fresh perspectives, are bold and kind, and willing to take chances.
The ideas: What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want to program robots? Build flying cars? Leave the world better than you found it? At NI, we build on the big ideas of big dreamers to make their visions a reality.
The technology: With our tailored, software-connected approach, we support our customers through all phases of the product development cycle. From 5G and medical innovations to autonomous driving and the future of space travel, we help our customers Engineer Ambitiously every day.
We’ve long been globally recognized as a top employer. Our compensation and benefits are very competitive, as are our modern workspaces, career development and mobility opportunities, and a culture that fosters belonging and emphasizes community giving. We encourage our teammates to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another to build innovative solutions.
No matter your career path, we’re here for you, for each other, and for the next generation of innovators who think bigger, aim higher, and go faster.
Are you up for the challenge of helping shape humanity for the next 100 years? If so, let’s get started, and let’s Engineer Ambitiously together.
NI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.