At the National Hockey League, we believe that Hockey is for Everyone… a guiding principle that we strive to instill across all touchpoints and areas of our great sport. Every leader in hockey, no matter the size, has the responsibility to inspire stakeholders to deliver a positive hockey experience and add to a community built on equity and inclusion.
To support that mission, the NHL is seeking an individual to serve as the social media team’s lead liaison with the SGL department (Social Impact, Growth Initiatives and Legislative Affairs). This person will play a pivotal role to integrate social impact campaigns and initiatives across social media platforms. They will propose, plan and develop innovative ideas that leverage social media to make the game of hockey, and the NHL itself, a more equitable and welcoming community for fans and players alike.
The right candidate is outgoing and enthusiastic with a passion for expanding the global reach of the game. They will have a strong background in social media marketing and the ambition to ensure hockey is, and always will be, for everyone.
- Work closely with supervisor, SGL, NHL Studios and the greater social media team in the planning and development of social content
- Manage the planning, integration, production and execution of all social impact related campaigns across social media platforms
- Lead the community management, moderation and responding across social platforms that drive the NHL’s social impact goals and objectives
- Explore, develop and lead a new and integrated SGL social media presence/strategy on key platforms
- Build a community of advocates and leaders across social platforms to foster a welcoming and inclusive hockey community
- Find new ways to leverage social media to increase diversity and representation on NHL social channels
- Lead the planning and coordination of social audio conversations (Clubhouse & Twitter Spaces) aimed at opening and evolving hockey culture
- Maintain active pulse of the conversation across social media platforms
- Leverage and analyzes data to inform creative, content and strategic decision making
- Prioritize diversity & representation
- Explore new opportunities to build communities on emerging platforms
- Assume an active role within NHL’s Power Players program
The ideal candidate will:
- 2-4 years’ experience in social media marketing and/or content creation at a sports organization, brand, or agency
- 2+ years executing and/or managing campaigns focused driving social impact, diversity and inclusion, and fundraising
- Deep understanding of the ever-evolving social landscape and its platforms – including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit
- Proven ability to build community on social media & foster relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Slack and collaboration softwares
- Experience with Photoshop, After Effect, and project management software a plus
- Applies an entrepreneurial approach to their work
- Great written & verbal communication skills
- Organized with the ability to constantly reprioritize tasks
- Possesses a positive and upbeat attitude towards their job
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends when the job calls for it
- Spanish language a plus
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class