Position is responsible for the coordination and support of NHL events, meetings, and special projects with an emphasis on hotel operations and event hospitality. The coordinator will be assigned, as necessary, to coordinate hotel operations and/ or catering functions for events such as the NHL All-Star Game, Winter Classic, Stadium Series, Draft, Stanley Cup Final, and departmental meetings.
Coordination of event operations and logistics including, but not limited to:
- Site review and recommendation
- Hotel contract negotiation
- Ensuring that hotels meet the terms and conditions of the event contract
- Overseeing hotel room blocks, reservations, VIP guests and special requests
- Set-up and coordination of on-site offices and hotel hospitality requirements
- Menu selection and management of food & beverage needs at hotel properties, arenas, stadiums, convention centers, etc.
- Securing necessary vendors including caterers, decorators, and A/V suppliers
- Ensuring appropriate billing arrangements and invoice reconciliation
- Providing support to other Events Department staff in communication with member clubs, arenas, host cities, vendors, and other NHL departments
- Other departmental-related duties as assigned
College degree required; minimum 2 years experience in the hotels and hospitality industry. Must be highly organized, creative, and detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work well in a publicly visible, high pressure and deadline-oriented environment. Must be able to multi-task, while maintaining a positive, team-oriented attitude within the department and the company-at-large, as well as with guests, vendors, and our fans in the face of working long hours and weekends. This position requires travel within the United States and Canada. Strong computer skills required. Legal coursework and/or experience in contract negotiation is a plus. English. French language skills a plus.
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.