Secaucus, New Jersey, US, 07094
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The HR Operations Administrator will support all onboarding, offboarding and in season transactions for G League and 2K players and NBA, WNBA, and G League referees. This person will support the HR Operations Advisor while working closely with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure a seamless and efficient onboarding experience.
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
- NBA G League and NBA 2K League Player Onboarding: Support all onboarding, offboarding and in season transactions for NBA G League and NBA 2K League players. This includes, but is not limited to, onboarding via the Player Contract Management System (PCMS), maintaining the Player Resources Portal and administering background and social media checks.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders including Legal, Employee Relations, Payroll, Benefits, and Basketball Operations as well as external partners in a timely manner regarding player onboarding matters.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry, processing, and auditing of employee transactions.
- Partner with Finance on all player payroll related matters.
- Engage with NBA G League and NBA 2K team contacts to provide process updates and instructions as it relates to onboarding.
- Follow up with team contacts to ensure that players are cleared from a work eligibility perspective.
- Support HR Basketball Operations Advisor in updating, maintaining, and administering player tax waiver documentation.
- NBA, G League and WNBA Referee Onboarding: Support annual onboarding process, including background check administration.
- Administer all referee transactions in PeopleSoft.
- Provide onsite onboarding support during Preseason Meetings.
- Engage internal partners to identify and execute process improvements.
- General: Participate and provide subject matter expertise in various technology enhancement and process improvement projects.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and partner with manager to execute changes.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Human Resources or Basketball Operations related role
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an HR role performing HR transactions in an HRMS
- Strong interest in understanding league structures, rules and processes.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and follow process with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- PeopleSoft experience highly preferred
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a concentration in Human Resources or Sports Management
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.