Market Data Services Analyst
MD – Rockville, Maryland
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 100 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world’s securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 4,000 total listings with a market value of approximately $15 trillion. To learn more, visit: http://www.nasdaq.com
Nasdaq Global Information Services leverages reliable, scalable technology and robust distribution channels to provide comprehensive index and market data solutions across asset classes and regions. We offer multi-asset class data sets, global infrastructure and flexible delivery methods that support clients of all sizes and types.
The Nasdaq Market Data team is located globally with a team located in India, Europe, Philippines, and the U.S. All teams support the operations of NASDAQ’s Global Data Products. Nasdaq Global Data Products focus on creating innovative data products that provide superior market transparency to institutional, retail and individual investors, and are designed to meet industry challenges. Global Data Products is an award-winning source for market information worldwide.
Your role and responsibilities
The Market Data Analyst will analyze customers’ data requirements, and coordinate with market data vendors to ensure business needs are compliant with Nasdaq policies. The analyst will interact and build strong customer relationships with a variety of high profile clients as well as engage with various internal departments.
- Completes basic, routine financial, analytical and database work relating to the company’s market data and billing systems.
- Assists new clients on product reviews, approvals and invoicing by providing standard, preliminary information and data.
- Contacts clients to collect delinquent reporting and payments promptly, escalating issues as needed
- Responds to client inquiries on billing, data approval and product related questions, escalating issues as needed.
- Works with providers and the audit team to prevent unauthorized distribution of company data.
- Works with accounting and financial reporting team as necessary
- Performs routine financial and data analysis.
- Responds to basic technical and administrative inquiries, ensuring compliance with company’s entitlement, display and monthly reporting guidelines.
- Ensures receipt of appropriate market data revenues from distributors and their subscribers through adhering to compliance activities.
You will need the following skills and experience
- Education Required: Bachelor Degree in Business or related discipline
- Experience Required: At least 1 year
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be organized and decisive while under pressure, when managing urgent and critical data feed and market data issues
- Team Player – able to interface/liaison effectively with a variety of technical/non-technical contributors throughout the organization
- Display’s a logical approach, critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to identify the root cause(s) of a problem
- Exceptional experience with Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service skills
And it would be great if you have experience with
- Proficient with Microsoft Access
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Power BI/ Tableau
Sounds like you? Please follow through by clicking the “Apply” link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon, and in the meantime please visit our website and social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture and where a career at Nasdaq can take you.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.