The ESG Index Research Specialist is responsible for developing new indexes and supporting existing indexes to help foster the creation of new financial products. You will ensure the competitiveness of existing products, strengthen the sales effort by working with marketing and sales to define competitive market requirements and opportunities, and provide input to new system development. You will work with management in other areas in coordination and integration of products and services.
- Responsible for research supporting existing Nasdaq indexes through blogs, commentary, research reports, webcasts and speaking engagements.
- Develop indexes for benchmarking and third party product creation based upon multiple asset classes from both client driven requests and original concepts. Asset classes include equities, options, fixed income, and crypto.
- Prepare and present standard and customized research reports including index back-tests, comparative index and product performance analyses, fact sheets, and other presentations.
- Analyze and interpret a wide range of financial and statistical data from a variety of vendor and internal databases for projects and presentations to issuers, institutional and retail investors.
- Work with Global Sales on client initiation, development, and ongoing support of benchmarking and product licensing businesses through generation of original product and support of existing indexes.
- Be the point person on the research team in all things ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance).
- Develop design briefs for new product ideas, including specifications, sketches and/or models to present a clear, focused concept for strategic consideration.
- Drive projects delivering improvements to the market/business.
- Consolidate customer requests from the sales team to evaluate opportunities.
- Use a deep understanding of business/client needs and user experience to build/improve products.
- Identify intellectual property and patent considerations.
- Possess a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and the trends in the business.
- Commensurate experience (at least 5 years) and/or Degree qualified in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Business/Finance or related subject area.
- Deep knowledge of, and background in, ESG required.
- Strong writing and analytical skills with sharp attention to detail.
- Technical proficiency with knowledge of SQL, R, Python, AWS, Databricks, and Microsoft Office.
- Deep understanding of exchange-traded funds, financial products, and other investment products in both the passive and active space.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.