FTE Job Description (TEMP)
November 1, 2021 – May 1, 2022
Reporting Analyst, reporting to Director of Environmental & Sustainability Management
MUFG Americas is searching for a Reporting Analyst to support the Sustainable Business Office (SBOA) team in executing the ESG strategy of providing ESG-related solutions across the Americas global region. The role will be virtual and require 40 hours per week. The Analyst will play a critical role in data collection and management for MUFG’s Annual Sustainability reporting including GRI, SASB and greenhouse gas (“GHG”) emissions reporting process and will support the implementation of MUFG’s environmental sustainability strategy.
Additional functions of this role include tracking trends in sustainable finance, climate risk, and reputational risk (including, but not limited to, green bonds, sustainability-linked bonds and loans; negative media, physical and transition risk) and key ESG developments. Assisting internal efforts to offer customized and bespoke proposals for key stakeholders and preparing marketing materials and presentations.
- Support data management through collection, analysis, and reporting on corporate environmental footprint with a primary focus on GRI, SASB, TCFD and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Support implementation and development of strategies focused on Firm’s ESG Commitments
- Work as a member of the SBO team as it relates to the Climate Risk Management Program and the recent Carbon Neutral Declaration.
- Assist in the development and delivery of sustainable finance ideas and proposals based on a thorough understanding of our clients’ needs in terms of connecting their ESG strategies to their financings, as well as gathering and analyzing data in relevant industries for new deals.
- Support annual TCFD reporting, submission to the Investor and Supplier surveys, client RFPs, and ESG questionnaires
- Refine data collection methodologies and create a process of continuous improvement to quantify MUFG’s environmental impacts.
- Support the broader Corporate Sustainability program as needed and work with our teams in Tokyo
Candidates should have a strong working knowledge and familiarity with corporate sustainability and investor ESG
topics & issues including:
- Bachelors and/or graduate degree in Sustainability Management, Environmental Science, orrelated fields; coursework in GHG emissions reporting and data management strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of professional experience in Sustainability Reporting, GHG emissions reporting and/or environmental sustainability; general knowledge of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) topics, metrics, and data points
- Strong understanding of Corporate GHG Protocol and working knowledge of climate reporting frameworks including TCFD, GRI, SASB and CDP
- Demonstrated passion for the environment, sustainability, energy, carbon footprint management or related field
- Knowledge of ESG raters and rankers, e.g. MSCI, Sustainalytics, Refinitiv, ISS, Bloomberg
- Knowledge of ESG surveys, e.g. CDP, S&P CSA, EcoVadis, GRESB, and others
- General knowledge of capital markets and fundamentals in business and strategy
- Basic understanding of fundamental ESG risks and opportunities; willingness to become expert on current and evolving approaches to integrating ESG into financial solutions
- Enjoys working in a cross-functional, culturally diverse, team-oriented environment
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple projects while prioritizing the most pressing and impactful matters against strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, including experience working with large amounts of data; experience with sustainability software tools and/or database management a plus
- Ability to synthesize lots of research and data into summaries and recommendations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present and socialize well, organize thoughts and clearly articulate points and to communicate and propose sustainable finance solutions to a sophisticated client base in a concise manner
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and interest in continuous learning
- Ability to stay abreast of trends that affect companies
- Technologically savvy; expert in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with a good working knowledge of Teams and WebEx Virtual Applications
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS
- Good network in sustainability circles
- Public speaking experience such as speaking on panels, leading presentations, training a plus
- Experience in client presentations a plus
- Published research or writing on sustainability topics a plus
- Proposal and/or RFP response writing experience a plus
- Other sustainability-related experience a plus (explain in your cover letter)
- Business experience/knowledge of how corporations do business is a plus
- Japanese, Spanish, or Portuguese language skills a plus