GLOBAL SOURCING / PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Location: Orange, CA Headquarters
Summary: The Product Associate will partner cross-functionally with various departments to develop promotional and marketing tools to maximize sales. This role is responsible for the planning & forecasting of the product, and analyzes the product life cycle.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage supply chain for multiple product lines and ensure availability at all warehouses.
- Analyze and manage proper inventory flow, including demand planning & forecasting, setting reorder points, expedites, defers, diverts, placing purchase orders, performing pricing analysis, and managing receipt of goods.
- Manage product lifecycle from new product introduction, existing product promotion, rationalization of skus, discontinuation, and close-out.
- Partner cross-functionally across National Marketing, Products, and Sales to develop promotional and marketing tools.
- Develop pricing for new products and continually review to ensure products.
- Develop new products with international suppliers based on sales data, customer and sales teams feedbacks, trends and online/market research.
- Develop marketing strategies for the product portfolio to support the salesforce and increase MSI’s market share.
- Work with vendors to develop production plans to ensure timely product shipments
- Perform factory capacity analysis to determine impact of new items on current production processes.
- Partner with international suppliers on innovation, performance management, order placement, and inventory flow.
- Actively seek opportunities for international sourcing that aligns with the category’s strategy and goals.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in product management, supply chain, business strategy, finance, or other quantitative field.
- Strong analytical and quantitative ability.
- Capacity to perform well in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent ability to work cross-functionally.
- Focus on innovation and process/product improvements
- Strong leadership skills.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI’s product line includes an extensive offering of quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural stone and glass products imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies – OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award – Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row – Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times – Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year – Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.