ESG Research, New York – 6 month’s contract
Your team responsibilities
MSCI ESG Research is the global standard for ESG signals, data and insights.
MSCI ESG Research provides in-depth research, ratings and analysis of the environmental, social and governance-related business practices of thousands of companies worldwide. Our research is designed to provide critical insights that can help institutional investors identify risks and opportunities that traditional investment research may overlook.
A place to build your career
As a world renowned and highly respected provider of investment decision tools, MSCI is an ideal place to build your career.
A place to learn
The talent and passion of our people is crucial to our success. At MSCI, we offer a wide range of work and learning opportunities through our businesses.
A place to collaborate
We have a fast-paced yet collegial environment, which is created through global teamwork and close working relationships with different levels of management.
A place to innovate
ESG is one of the fastest growing, innovative fields in investing today and we are at its forefront. Bring your ideas and we can make them reality.
A place to make an impact
MSCI is a global organization that calls the largest investors in the world its partners. They have problems, we build solutions, and our solutions can change the way the world invests.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
- To regularly publish quality research content and analyze emerging ESG issues;
- To deliver relevant, actionable insights on companies to investors, and become a trusted go-to expert on core ESG topics;
- To represent MSCI as a credible thought leader with strong point of view at conferences, external events and strategic client meetings;
- To collaborate with a wide range of teams (industry analysts, equity research, multi-asset class research, index, analytics) to produce innovative analytical models;
- To continuously improve how we think, how we model ESG risks, and how we develop solutions for investors globally;
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- A researcher with the background to match;
- A critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to work with large data sets;
- A storyteller with excellent writing, communication, and public presenting skills;
- A team player who can collaborate across a diverse global team;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ambitious, with a desire to bring ESG into the mainstream investment process;
- At least 0-2 years’ professional experience in a related field (investment research, financial services, industry experience, consulting, policy research); a focus within the Materials Sector (metals, mining, steel, plastics, forestry, or packaging) or related ESG issues (Deforestation, circular economy, indigenous rights, carbon emissions, etc.) preferred
- A Bachelors’ degree (required), an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) or relevant industry accreditation (preferred);
- Data science skills, knowledge of NLP, Python programming is great to have
- This is a 6 months’ contract role, required to work 40 hours/week. Start date ASAP.
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Number: 210000JT